Same-Gender Love Coming to SW: TOR After Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Is it really that big of a request from gamers for same sex relationships? Suppose it shows what type of fans will be playing this game if they have the majority vote ^^

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Even community manager Sean Dahlberg said that the terms "gay" and "lesbian" do not exist in the Star Wars universe. "As I have stated before, these are terms that do not exist in Star Wars. Thread closed," Dahlberg stated.

They don't, but only because there ARE no gay/lesbian payrings in any existing Star Wars movies/games/books/comics. Not because it's accepted or anything.

Okay... take a deep breath... I don't care about MMOs... just keep it out of Mass Effect 3, BioWare.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
looks like yet another game where i will be playing female.

honestly, same sex relationships are so much more interesting than opposite ones, but thats probably because im so SICK of the drama that opposite sex one have that is easily resolved with very little thought... at least in fiction, at least same sexed ones the drama doens't always have that easily solvable solution.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
I can see it now

George Lucas's next digital remix of Star Wars

Bar scence....female patrons wearing flannel shirts with sleve's cut off and wallets with chains on them and male patrons dressed as assorted village people

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Since Star Wars is somewhat based off an Roman society architecture I'm pretty sure that same sex was going on then

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]GoldenGoose[/nom]Is it really that big of a request from gamers for same sex relationships? Suppose it shows what type of fans will be playing this game if they have the majority vote ^^[/citation]
It's not about who's playing the game. It's not even about playing the game as a homosexual character. It's about the OPTION to do so. It's about the variety of different gameplay. It's evolution, that thing Christian's don't like.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I suppose it had to happen eventually, even though it's nothing new, I remember a lesbian kiss in Enter The Matrix and even trying it on with same-sex neighbours in The Sims.

And to all those who are freaking out about this, also realise that these are not real people, and even if they were they are also ALIENS.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I will never play this game. Not because of homo stuff but because I don't play MMOs. I want another KOTOR, single player, with actual voice acting, story and content.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]GoldenGoose[/nom]Is it really that big of a request from gamers for same sex relationships? Suppose it shows what type of fans will be playing this game if they have the majority vote ^^[/citation]

They don't have to have a majority vote. Besides there are already gay relationships in Dragon Age (also by Bioware) so it's not a big deal that would require any special requests.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Based on the forums for swtor, most really did not care one way or the other, but those that wanted the option kept bringing it up and making subtle remarks towards discrimination. Never mind that they had more important things to deal with what with beta and all that or most with a brain knew they would put in the option sooner or later anyway. Those who wanted the option just could not wait is all. If it is not in by the end of beta I bet they yell discrimination yet again.

G

>I won't play star war games but I won't play any gay games either.

Hmm, by a similar logic: You are a human. Some humans are gay. Do you therefore not want to be a human? Off you go and top yourself, then. :)

G

Once again the minority wins and BW is almost forced to waste precious development hours on f@ggotry...

User stingstang, how is fudge packing another man evolution?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Oh, come on, people... now you're just being homophobic or whatever it is called in your "politically correct" countries :D

MY point is that it doesn't make sense to add same-sex relationships in the game universes where they were never present, because it feels exactly like "being politically correct" - saying or doing something you don't mean just out of fear to be punished/looked down upon. Star Wars? Precisely that... Mass Effect 3? Also falls under that category... Dragon Age? At least there, they were present from the start and ONE dialogue option dismissed them for the rest of the game, so it was acceptable. Otherwise, keep it away from the majority...

Wait, I've got an idea. Why don't they release such things as DLC so that only people who're interested in it will get it? The article might be suggesting exactly that by saying that it will be released after the launch.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Less than 5% of the population is gay, yet DA2 was probably 50% gay oriented. Some small minority of people are so vocal about discrimination and political correctness crap, now we end up with gay games.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Holy crap... These aren't GAY GAMES! Why are you putting a label on games strictly for part of their content? Are you all so narrow-minded that you can't look past a simple (optional) part of specific gameplay?

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]mrTHX2249[/nom]Once again the minority wins and BW is almost forced to waste precious development hours on f@ggotry...User stingstang, how is fudge packing another man evolution?[/citation]
Gameplay evolution, as in more diverse content in all areas of the game. Come on, give me more credit than that...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Gameplay evolution, as in more diverse content in all areas of the game. Come on, give me more credit than that...[/citation]
Actually, evolution kills off diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.