Where in ATI lineup does a Rage XL fit ?

Hell group,

I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious where
does it fit in the ATI lineup!
I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The ATI site
does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but that
chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on the
chart)
Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and linup
position of this chip?

Thanks

PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L shaped
PCB
4 answers Last reply
More about where lineup rage

    "Maveric" <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message
    > Hell group,
    >
    > I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just
    curious where
    > does it fit in the ATI lineup!
    > I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy.
    The ATI site

    I believe I had one of these cards back in 1999 in my old AMD 486DX4-100
    system, but I had the 4MB PCI version. It could be part of the Rage Pro
    family, or one step below, but it was so long ago that I can't remember
    for sure. Just be careful what motherboard you plug that video card
    into...make sure it can handle the voltage. I guess a video card like
    that would be OK for some DOS and Windows 95 retro gaming or a basic
    Internet box.

    The XPERT XL uses the RAGE PRO TURBO chipset so I would think that is
    what it is.

    The Rage Pro is the low end of the 3D chips.

    All Radeons
    Rage Fury
    All Rage 128 Pro
    All Rage 128
    Rage Pro XL
    Rage Pro
    Rage IIc
    Rage II
    Rage XL
    Rage
    Mach 64
    Mach 32

    Something like that... any more than $2.00 and you got ripped. They should
    be giving them away at used computer stores.

    bye, Rick

    "Maveric" <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message
    > Hell group,
    >
    > I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious
    where
    > does it fit in the ATI lineup!
    > I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The
    ATI site
    > does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
    > I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but
    that
    > chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on
    the
    > chart)
    > Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and
    linup
    > position of this chip?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L
    shaped
    > PCB

    Maveric <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message news:<ieg370l5p73qmnhonui5v6m8kuv5on3bji@4ax.com>...
    > Hell group,
    >
    > I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious where
    > does it fit in the ATI lineup!
    > I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The ATI site
    > does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
    > I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but that
    > chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on the
    > chart)
    > Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and linup
    > position of this chip?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L shaped
    > PCB

    I got an Ati Rage Pro 8MB ..seemingly you got the "professional"
    version of it. Well ... to be true..it's very old..and more then
    "controlling" the memory on the card it actually doesnt..not much
    hardware power in them!

Radeon Graphics Cards ATI Graphics