Where in ATI lineup does a Rage XL fit ?

maveric

Hell group,

I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious where
does it fit in the ATI lineup!
I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The ATI site
does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but that
chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on the
chart)
Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and linup
position of this chip?

Thanks

PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L shaped
PCB

"Maveric" <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message
> Hell group,
>
> I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just
curious where
> does it fit in the ATI lineup!
> I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy.
The ATI site

I believe I had one of these cards back in 1999 in my old AMD 486DX4-100
system, but I had the 4MB PCI version. It could be part of the Rage Pro
family, or one step below, but it was so long ago that I can't remember
for sure. Just be careful what motherboard you plug that video card
into...make sure it can handle the voltage. I guess a video card like
that would be OK for some DOS and Windows 95 retro gaming or a basic
Internet box.

kev

The XPERT XL uses the RAGE PRO TURBO chipset so I would think that is
what it is.

The Rage Pro is the low end of the 3D chips.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

All Radeons
Rage Fury
All Rage 128 Pro
All Rage 128
Rage Pro XL
Rage Pro
Rage IIc
Rage II
Rage XL
Rage
Mach 64
Mach 32

Something like that... any more than $2.00 and you got ripped. They should
be giving them away at used computer stores.

bye, Rick

"Maveric" <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message
> Hell group,
>
> I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious
where
> does it fit in the ATI lineup!
> I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The
ATI site
> does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
> I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but
that
> chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on
the
> chart)
> Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and
linup
> position of this chip?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L
shaped
> PCB

Maveric <WEG@casema.net> wrote in message news:<ieg370l5p73qmnhonui5v6m8kuv5on3bji@4ax.com>...
> Hell group,
>
> I got hold of a ATI Rage XL 8 MB AGP video card cheap. I'm just curious where
> does it fit in the ATI lineup!
> I'm pretty shure it's below the Rage 128, but then it becoms foggy. The ATI site
> does refer to a XPERT 98 ?
> I looked at http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/ but there is no 'Rage XL' (but that
> chart is not complete, i have a GForce 4 MX 400 PCI here and it's not on the
> chart)
> Can anyone give me the specs (core speed, mem speed, 3D capabilities) and linup
> position of this chip?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: My card has 4 x NANYA NT56V1616AOT - 7 memory chips and it has an L shaped
> PCB

I got an Ati Rage Pro 8MB ..seemingly you got the "professional"
version of it. Well ... to be true..it's very old..and more then
"controlling" the memory on the card it actually doesnt..not much
hardware power in them!