Radeon 9800XT drivers

Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
875 motherboard
P4 3.4 proc
1 gig of crucial ram
Radeon 9800xt
I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378 or
cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at how
well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on their
website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
just let it alone. Thanks. BC

"Bill Wood" <bcwood@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
> 875 motherboard
> P4 3.4 proc
> 1 gig of crucial ram
> Radeon 9800xt
> I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378
or
> cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at how
> well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on
their
> website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
> just let it alone. Thanks. BC

Why couldn't you just live with 640x480 until you got online?

Follow the instructions that come with the drivers and it should work fine.

>Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
>875 motherboard
> P4 3.4 proc
> 1 gig of crucial ram
> Radeon 9800xt
> I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378 or
>cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at how
>well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on their
>website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
>just let it alone. Thanks. BC

I'm still runnung the 3.7's with my 9800Pro. Ive tried all versions as they
come out and seem to end up back with the 3.7's for one reason or another. I
have yet to find a problem with them but find many with the newer versions.

Thanks, I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
"Idbbs01" <idbbs01@aol.comeatspam> wrote in message
> >Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
> >875 motherboard
> > P4 3.4 proc
> > 1 gig of crucial ram
> > Radeon 9800xt
> > I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378
or
> >cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at
how
> >well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on
their
> >website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
> >just let it alone. Thanks. BC
>
> I'm still runnung the 3.7's with my 9800Pro. Ive tried all versions as
they
> come out and seem to end up back with the 3.7's for one reason or another.
> have yet to find a problem with them but find many with the newer
versions.

Do the 3.7's work w/COD (Call of Duty)? I seem to remember the 3.10's didn't
work w/COD (at least for me).

>I'm still runnung the 3.7's with my 9800Pro. Ive tried all versions as they
>come out and seem to end up back with the 3.7's for one reason or another. I
>have yet to find a problem with them but find many with the newer versions.

SLB

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2003

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:12:12 -0500, "Bill Wood" <bcwood@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Thanks, I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>"Idbbs01" <idbbs01@aol.comeatspam> wrote in message
>> >Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
>> >875 motherboard
>> > P4 3.4 proc
>> > 1 gig of crucial ram
>> > Radeon 9800xt
>> > I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378
>or
>> >cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at
>how
>> >well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on
>their
>> >website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
>> >just let it alone. Thanks. BC
>>
>> I'm still runnung the 3.7's with my 9800Pro. Ive tried all versions as
>they
>> come out and seem to end up back with the 3.7's for one reason or another.
>> have yet to find a problem with them but find many with the newer
>versions.

I ran cat 3.7 for months then went to the latest 4.3 ... ive had
ZERO probs with 4.3 on my ATI 9800 XT 256

They do. I played it twice with the 3.7's.