s-video

hi all:
I just got a new laptop that has a Mobility Radeon 9000 video card. On the
back, there is a plug that says S-out.
i suppose this is to connect it to a TV.
what do i need in order to make the connection? what is the name of the
cable that i need? or do i need more than just a cable?

After successfully connecting it, would i be able to use the tv as a second
monitor in a dual monitor setup? in other words, would i be able to see a
different view on the TV screen than the one on the laptop screen?

all the help is greatly appreciated.
thanks
hilz

"hilz" <hilz@noway.com> wrote in message
> hi all:
> I just got a new laptop that has a Mobility Radeon 9000 video card. On the
> back, there is a plug that says S-out.
> i suppose this is to connect it to a TV.
> what do i need in order to make the connection? what is the name of the
> cable that i need? or do i need more than just a cable?
>
> After successfully connecting it, would i be able to use the tv as a
second
> monitor in a dual monitor setup? in other words, would i be able to see a
> different view on the TV screen than the one on the laptop screen?
>
> all the help is greatly appreciated.
> thanks
> hilz

Just a hint; You might have a better chance of an
effective reply if you mentioned the make & model
of the laptop in question. Also most "new laptop"s
come with manuals that describe how to set them up
and provide information on your support options,
usually including their web site's support pages.

Luck;
Ken

jad

? what is the name of the
> cable that I need?

S-VIDEO cable and a TV/Monitor that has a S-video input. Or and
adapter to change to whatever your target device accepts.

After successfully connecting it, would I be able to use the TV as a
second
> monitor in a dual monitor setup? in other words, would I be able to
see a
> different view on the TV screen than the one on the laptop screen?

I have seen this done, but your mileage may vary