9800PRO AIX and VGA

Howdy,

I am helping a friend of mine to pick out components for a computer he intends to build, and I noticed that the All
In Wonder cards, specifically the newer ones like the 9800PRO, don't have VGA outputs on them any more (they have
only a DVI).

While I do realize that they come with a DVI-VGA adaptor, it was my understanding that this limits the refresh rate
to 60 or so. Is this the case, or can it be used without any loss in quality over a regular VGA output?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide me on this,

Jon

there is no limitation of refresh on the adapter.

"Jon Danniken" <jonREMOVETHISdanniken@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I am helping a friend of mine to pick out components for a computer he
intends to build, and I noticed that the All
> In Wonder cards, specifically the newer ones like the 9800PRO, don't have
VGA outputs on them any more (they have
> only a DVI).
>
> While I do realize that they come with a DVI-VGA adaptor, it was my
understanding that this limits the refresh rate
> to 60 or so. Is this the case, or can it be used without any loss in
quality over a regular VGA output?

> Thanks for any clarification you can provide me on this,
>
> Jon

Thanks for your response. So, will he have the same quality/performance by using the DVI-VGA adaptor that he would
otherwise have with a card using a VGA output?

Jon