CAT 4.4 our Out

As subject now getting them and they fix the farcry demo issue

Correction - new WINDOWS cat drivers out (bah)!!

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:57:39 +0100, "doughy2002"
<doughnut@doughnut.com> wrote:

>As subject now getting them and they fix the farcry demo issue

connor

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:00:09 -0400, "Matt"
<skibum9.blablabla@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>and apparently only for XP!! I guess 4.3 is the end for us few Win 98 users
>out there...

What's 'Win 98'?

"Matt" <skibum9.blablabla@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> and apparently only for XP!! I guess 4.3 is the end for us few Win 98
users
> out there...

2000 is still supported. Still, I was surprised to see Windows 9x
support dropped so suddenly.

If that's the only fix there's no reason to go through the usual ATI
driver upgrade hassle.

doughy2002 left a note on my windscreen which said:

> As subject now getting them and they fix the farcry demo issue

What was the Far Cry demo issue?
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Andrew

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:43:57 +0100, Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>What was the Far Cry demo issue?

The rocks on the beach had black artifacts on them. The full game
doesn't have the problem.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:41:46 GMT, John Schuler <jrs@san.rr.com> wrote:

||If that's the only fix there's no reason to go through the usual ATI
||driver upgrade hassle.

I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
most games. YMMV

Pluvious

||doughy2002 wrote:
||> As subject now getting them and they fix the farcry demo issue

Ron

"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:41:46 GMT, John Schuler <jrs@san.rr.com> wrote:
>
> ||If that's the only fix there's no reason to go through the usual ATI
> ||driver upgrade hassle.
>
> I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
> with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
> Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
> New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
> Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
> simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
> most games. YMMV
>
> Pluvious

totally agree. the Omegas are great drivers and I've never had to clean out
the old cats.

Ron

On 4/8/2004 12:27 PM Ron brightened our day with:

>"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
>>with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
>>Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
>>New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
>>Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
>>simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
>>most games. YMMV
>>

>totally agree. the Omegas are great drivers and I've never had to clean out
>the old cats.

I don't do anything special when updating the normal Catalysts, no problems.

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]

"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:41:46 GMT, John Schuler <jrs@san.rr.com> wrote:
>
> ||If that's the only fix there's no reason to go through the usual ATI
> ||driver upgrade hassle.
>
> I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
> with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
> Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
> New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
> Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
> simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
> most games. YMMV

Should I wait for (and install) the Omega drivers before installing
corresponding (new?) DVD driver and the new MMC?
--
Aloke
----

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:03:17 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
<aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote:

||"Pluvious" <Pluvious@nowhere.com> wrote in message

||> ||

||> I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
||> with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
||> Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
||> New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
||> Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
||> simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
||> most games. YMMV
||Should I wait for (and install) the Omega drivers before installing
||corresponding (new?) DVD driver and the new MMC?

I don't have an AIW card so I couldn't comment on how to do this.
Check out his forum where he will post answers to questions like this:

http://www.driverheaven.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

Pluvious

In news:i08b70tpk7l19jmf18fpk81rht3bb9qosi@4ax.com,
Pluvious <Pluvious@nowhere.com> Quoth The Raven:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:41:46 GMT, John Schuler <jrs@san.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>> If that's the only fix there's no reason to go through the usual ATI
>>> driver upgrade hassle.
>>>

> I use Omegas version (www.omegacorner.com) and all that's involved
> with upgrading is double clicking the new .exe file and reboot.
> Pretty hassle free if you ask me. You might want to check them out.
> New drivers are put out a week or so after the official ATI's hit.
> Remember every MONTH we will see new drivers. Using Omegas makes it
> simpler to update and have an added benefit of higher image quality in
> most games. YMMV
>
> Pluvious

the old cat drivers aren't removed from my hdd though, the folder remains in
my program files folder, and the entry is also in the remove programs
control panel applet.

--
Trilogy (n). Series of three books, sometimes more.

Take out the CUSSIN to reply to me

Connor wrote:
> What's 'Win 98'?

That's the (Millennium - 2) Edition;-)