How can I require a password to start my computer? I'm using XP Pro. Two of
my roommates (both using XP Home) require a password before their computers
will boot, and it would be nice to have that extra security for my own PC.

I've asked them, but they can't seem to remember how they set it up.

Thanks a ton!

Mel

Mel;
That sounds like a BIOS password.
Check your motherboard/computer manual and/or contact the manufacturer.
The BIOS password is a function of the motherboard and has nothing to do
with Windows.

Also see:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/private.htm

--