Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

hey,
i have been an owner of a radeon aiw original series and have enjoyed
the tv out, until I purchased my hdtv which is 60'. when ever i do tv
out from s-video or rca i get constant scrolling lines from top to
bottom, the picture is great and clear except for these annoying
lines....thought it might be my card so i went and bought the new aiw
9600 and the same thing from s-video out, hopefully it has something
to do with the hdtv, tonight i purchased the hdtv adapter from ati,
hopefully this will fix the problem, has anybody used the hdtv out on
their big screens? what you thought of the picture? scanlines? please
give me some feedback on ati's hdtv out feature and quality to be
expected? thanks
luke

Luke wrote:
> hey,
> i have been an owner of a radeon aiw original series and have enjoyed
> the tv out, until I purchased my hdtv which is 60'. when ever i do tv
> out from s-video or rca i get constant scrolling lines from top to
> bottom, the picture is great and clear except for these annoying
> lines....thought it might be my card so i went and bought the new aiw
> 9600 and the same thing from s-video out, hopefully it has something
> to do with the hdtv, tonight i purchased the hdtv adapter from ati,
> hopefully this will fix the problem, has anybody used the hdtv out on
> their big screens? what you thought of the picture? scanlines? please
> give me some feedback on ati's hdtv out feature and quality to be
> expected? thanks
> luke

Check out the Video Processor and Home Theater PC forum at avsforums.com. I
know you can get alot better resolutions with the adapter but there may be
limits.

Luke wrote:

> hey,
> i have been an owner of a radeon aiw original series and have enjoyed
> the tv out, until I purchased my hdtv which is 60'. when ever i do tv
> out from s-video or rca i get constant scrolling lines from top to
> bottom, the picture is great and clear except for these annoying
> lines....thought it might be my card so i went and bought the new aiw
> 9600 and the same thing from s-video out, hopefully it has something
> to do with the hdtv, tonight i purchased the hdtv adapter from ati,
> hopefully this will fix the problem, has anybody used the hdtv out on
> their big screens? what you thought of the picture? scanlines? please
> give me some feedback on ati's hdtv out feature and quality to be
> expected? thanks

What happens when you hook up a VCR to the HDTV? Sounds like it's got a
problem of some sort.

If your HDTV has a DVI input try that--if it's real HDTV and not just an SD
set with a scan converter and if you can find settings for your video board
that it likes then you'll find the result much more pleasant than composite
video.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)