Admin password reset?

December 16, 2004 8:23:02 PM

Is there a way to reset the admin password? I ask because my mother doesn't
remember hers (my brother used HIS copy of XP on her pc). My brother is
unwilling to tell her what the password is (family issues have obviously
arisen).

Any help?

More about : admin password reset

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 11:35:18 PM

Something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"daredevilcomic" <daredevilcomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to reset the admin password? I ask because my mother
> doesn't
> remember hers (my brother used HIS copy of XP on her pc). My brother is
> unwilling to tell her what the password is (family issues have obviously
> arisen).
>
> Any help?
December 17, 2004 12:03:58 PM

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Something here should help:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm

I'm curious, if his brother installed HIS copy of XP on his mother's PC,
how'd he get past the activation issue? (Assuming he used his product key.)

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
!