Ghosting

I strongly believe that my system is using a ghost software. There are times
when I cannot go into certain legal websites as well as default setting being
changed. I had a breakin of my apartment recently and noticed that someone
had stolen all of my computer files as well. Is there a software available
for decteing this? My firewall and hacker software is also off. Iam using XP
SP2

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend signature files.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt303.zip

SYSCLEAN.COM.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

Dave

"XP SP2 security advise//" <XP SP2 security advise//@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C37C600F-DD42-4F1A-9C2B-99FA2B9DCBB4@microsoft.com...

XP SP2 security advise// schrieb:

> I strongly believe that my system is using a ghost software. There are times
> when I cannot go into certain legal websites as well as default setting being
> changed. I had a breakin of my apartment recently and noticed that someone
> had stolen all of my computer files as well. Is there a software available
> for decteing this? My firewall and hacker software is also off. Iam using XP
> SP2

What you describe is not a "Ghosting Software", but a Trojan or Backdoor
software. Backup your remaining data, format your system and the reinstall
it. Make sure you install an up to date virus scanner before restoring your
backed up data.

Jan