New User or Guest Account?

Hello ,

I am using XP Home SP2. I have already installed many programs to be
available to ALL USERS.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to set the Guest Account or a New User
I might set up, to only access some programs?

Regards,
Bob Brannon
4 answers Last reply
More about user guest account

    Bob Brannon wrote:

    Please do not write the question as a signature - most good newsreaders will
    then strip it out completely from any reply, as this has done.

    Thank you.

    Hello,

    I am using XP Home SP2. I have already installed many programs to be
    available to ALL USERS.

    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to set the Guest Account or a New User
    I might set up, to only access some programs?

    Regards,
    Bob Brannon

    I am no expert, but here is an idea. Since your program files are stored in
    separate folders, go one-by-one to each program folder under \Program Files
    (not subfolders) that you want to remove access privileges from, and remove
    all access privileges from "GuestAccount". There is no need to check Deny.

    Do not perform this for the Users Group. Replace "GuestAccount" with the
    name of your Guest account. If you did not install the programs in \Program
    Files, then use the name of the directory where you installed the programs,
    in place of \Program Files. If you do not know how to find access
    privileges, then respond back here.

    "Bob Brannon" <bbran@3rivers.net> wrote in message
    Hello,

    I am using XP Home SP2. I have already installed many programs to be
    available to ALL USERS.

    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to set the Guest Account or a New User
    I might set up, to only access some programs?

    Regards,
    Bob Brannon

    Thanks!

    "JW" <JustPostYourReply@ToTheNewsgroup.pls> wrote in message
[...]