Windows XP service pack 2

Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2. I have
seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows service pack

    Michael Sabbarese wrote:

    > Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2. I
    > have seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?

    Which service? Please post back with a better description of your
    problem. I've installed Service Pack 2 on approximately 200 boxen, all
    varying brands and model, laptops and desktops, and haven't had any
    problems. Give us a better idea of the issues you are experiencing so
    we can help you.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    The main service is:

    "Computer Browser"

    I will need to check on the others.

    mldk04 wrote:

    > The main service is:
    >
    > "Computer Browser"
    >
    > I will need to check on the others.
    >

    > "Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
    >> Michael Sabbarese wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2.
    >>> I have seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?
    >>
    >> Which service? Please post back with a better description of your
    >> problem. I've installed Service Pack 2 on approximately 200 boxen,
    >> all varying brands and model, laptops and desktops, and haven't had
    >> any problems. Give us a better idea of the issues you are
    >> experiencing so we can help you.

    No, I haven't seen any problems; however, since we don't know anything
    about your computers or the state they were in before you installed
    SP2, it's impossible to give you specific advice. Most people have
    problems with SP2 because they installed it on computers that were not
    100% spyware and virus-free; and/or they have OEM machines that needed
    specific patches before installing SP2; and/or they have incompatible
    software installed such as a virtual drive program like Alcohol.

    Here are links to help you with SP2:

    Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm and
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#General

    http://forum.aumha.org/index.php - See SP2 forums

    SP2 Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxpsp2

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Chat (no-charge
    online support):
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=Wxpsp2chat

    Remove SP2 w/Recovery Console

    Malke