Windows XP service pack 2

a b 8 Security
December 17, 2004 3:30:02 PM

Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2. I have
seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?

More about : windows service pack

December 17, 2004 3:30:03 PM

Michael Sabbarese wrote:

> Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2. I
> have seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?

Which service? Please post back with a better description of your
problem. I've installed Service Pack 2 on approximately 200 boxen, all
varying brands and model, laptops and desktops, and haven't had any
problems. Give us a better idea of the issues you are experiencing so
we can help you.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

The main service is:

"Computer Browser"

I will need to check on the others.

"Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
> Michael Sabbarese wrote:
>
>> Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2. I
>> have seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?
>
> Which service? Please post back with a better description of your
> problem. I've installed Service Pack 2 on approximately 200 boxen, all
> varying brands and model, laptops and desktops, and haven't had any
> problems. Give us a better idea of the issues you are experiencing so
> we can help you.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
December 17, 2004 7:48:32 PM

mldk04 wrote:

> The main service is:
>
> "Computer Browser"
>
> I will need to check on the others.
>

> "Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
>> Michael Sabbarese wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone seen service stop working after running Service Pack 2.
>>> I have seen this on both Dell and Generic boxes?
>>
>> Which service? Please post back with a better description of your
>> problem. I've installed Service Pack 2 on approximately 200 boxen,
>> all varying brands and model, laptops and desktops, and haven't had
>> any problems. Give us a better idea of the issues you are
>> experiencing so we can help you.

No, I haven't seen any problems; however, since we don't know anything
about your computers or the state they were in before you installed
SP2, it's impossible to give you specific advice. Most people have
problems with SP2 because they installed it on computers that were not
100% spyware and virus-free; and/or they have OEM machines that needed
specific patches before installing SP2; and/or they have incompatible
software installed such as a virtual drive program like Alcohol.

Here are links to help you with SP2:

Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm and
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#General

http://forum.aumha.org/index.php - See SP2 forums

SP2 Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxp...

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Chat (no-charge
online support):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=Wxpsp2chat

Remove SP2 w/Recovery Console

Malke