Please HELP - Logon Password required after installing cri..

I am using XP professional and cannot logon anymore since automatic update
has installed some critical updates. After booting successfully the system is
asking me for a password, although I have never specified one!How can this
happen?

I am the only user and have tried several passwords including username.
leaving blank ect. but have no idea what it could be. After a few attempts it
comes up with the following error message:

The system cannot log you on due to the following error: The program issued
a command but the command lenght is incorrect. Please try again or consult
your system administrator.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks
Reino

Hi james,

have solved the problem, nothing helped then I had an idea and tried it the
easy way:

press F8 during rebooting your machine until it comes up with some options
(Safe Mode ect. ect.) and choose the following:

start windows with the last known good configuration

it will start up normally now, without asking you for a password because it
remembers the windows configuration from before you have installed your
critical updates which have caused this problem.......so its excluding them
automatically.

Just make sure, that you dont install them again and deactivate the
automatic update or follow instructions for automatic logon.

Reinho9ld

"Reino" wrote:

> I am using XP professional and cannot logon anymore since automatic update
> has installed some critical updates. After booting successfully the system is
> asking me for a password, although I have never specified one!How can this
> happen?
>
> I am the only user and have tried several passwords including username.
> leaving blank ect. but have no idea what it could be. After a few attempts it
> comes up with the following error message:
>
> The system cannot log you on due to the following error: The program issued
> a command but the command lenght is incorrect. Please try again or consult
> your system administrator.
>
> Can anybody help me please?
>
> Thanks
> Reino

Sorry :)
Just read the second post :)

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat

"Reino" <Reino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using XP professional and cannot logon anymore since automatic update
> has installed some critical updates. After booting successfully the system
> is
> asking me for a password, although I have never specified one!How can this
> happen?
>
> I am the only user and have tried several passwords including username.
> leaving blank ect. but have no idea what it could be. After a few attempts
> it
> comes up with the following error message:
>
> The system cannot log you on due to the following error: The program
> issued
> a command but the command lenght is incorrect. Please try again or consult
> your system administrator.
>
> Can anybody help me please?
>
> Thanks
> Reino

no problem, thanks anyway :)!!!

"Matija Hrovat" wrote:

> Sorry :)
> Just read the second post :)

> For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
> --
> Best Regards,
> Matija Hrovat
>
> "Reino" <Reino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using XP professional and cannot logon anymore since automatic update
> > has installed some critical updates. After booting successfully the system
> > is
> > asking me for a password, although I have never specified one!How can this
> > happen?
> >
> > I am the only user and have tried several passwords including username.
> > leaving blank ect. but have no idea what it could be. After a few attempts
> > it
> > comes up with the following error message:
> >
> > The system cannot log you on due to the following error: The program
> > issued
> > a command but the command lenght is incorrect. Please try again or consult
> > your system administrator.
> >
> > Can anybody help me please?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Reino

I have the same problem.
I think the problem is installing security update KB885835 from
Microsoft.
This is the last update that I installed before this error message.
Solution: Do not trust to the automatic update just turn it off.
:aaa

--
Glarus