Connect VCR to my 9800XT?

DJ

Hi Gurus

I want to be able to connect a vcr to my creative 9800xt to record some vhs
stuff to dvd.
I have a SCART adapter with S-VIDEO port on it, but how do I get the thing
to playback on my pc?

BTW if you haven't guessed - I'ma newbie at this sort of thing!!!

TIA

DJ

In news:407680ee$1@nntp.onyx.net,
DJ <a@a.a> Quoth The Raven:
> Hi Gurus
>
> I want to be able to connect a vcr to my creative 9800xt to record
> some vhs stuff to dvd.
> I have a SCART adapter with S-VIDEO port on it, but how do I get the
> thing to playback on my pc?
>
> BTW if you haven't guessed - I'ma newbie at this sort of thing!!!
>
> TIA
>
> DJ

hi, as far as I know, your card only has tv-out, not tv in, you need to
acquire a tv tuner/capture card with a tv-in function.

--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Take out the CUSSIN to reply to me

> > I want to be able to connect a vcr to my creative 9800xt to record
> > some vhs stuff to dvd.

> as far as I know, your card only has tv-out, not tv in, you need to
> acquire a tv tuner/capture card with a tv-in function.

you gotta be kidding me!!??

you mean a £300 gfx card doesnt have VIVO?

theyr shud be a law against that!! :(

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:20:58 +0100, "ápuk" <reply2group> wrote:

>> > I want to be able to connect a vcr to my creative 9800xt to record
>> > some vhs stuff to dvd.
>
>> as far as I know, your card only has tv-out, not tv in, you need to
>> acquire a tv tuner/capture card with a tv-in function.
>>

>you gotta be kidding me!!??
>
>you mean a £300 gfx card doesnt have VIVO?
>
>theyr shud be a law against that!! :(

My $(US)250 9600xt AIW has vivo of course.

TRENDING THREADS