Can't Turn-off XP Firewall

When I go into the Windows Security Center, I select Windows Firewall and
then select off. But in the Security Center window it does not list it as
off. When I select Windows Firewall again, the button for off is still
selected.
2 answers Last reply
More about turn firewall

    Hi,

    It sounds like you have another personal firewall installed on the PC, e.g.
    ZoneAlarm, Norton Personal Firewall, Sygate etc. If so, Windows will pick up
    on this and the Security centre will report that a firewall is on (not the
    Windows firewall though!).

    Regards Colin.

    "flyers319" wrote:

    > When I go into the Windows Security Center, I select Windows Firewall and
    > then select off. But in the Security Center window it does not list it as
    > off. When I select Windows Firewall again, the button for off is still
    > selected.

    If you have another software firewall on the same system, check the
    product's documentation to ensure the Windows Firewall is disabled
    whenever the former is active (usually upon startup). This typically
    can be done via a registry setting.

    Shoud this be impossible for whatever reason, set to Manual or Disable
    Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) via Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools > Services.

    This will ensure that WFW is halted. Note, however, that Internet Connection
    Sharing (ICF) will also be affected by this action.

    "flyers319" wrote:

    > When I go into the Windows Security Center, I select Windows Firewall and
    > then select off. But in the Security Center window it does not list it as
    > off. When I select Windows Firewall again, the button for off is still
    > selected.

Security Firewalls Windows Security Microsoft Windows XP