SP2 Firewall is always off on each bootup

Windows XP SP2:

Each time I boot the PC the windows firewall is set to "Off".

Is it because I'm running an additional firewall?

I've done a full virus scan with the latest updates and have run spyware
removal software.

Yea - That could do it. The other firewall probably sets itself as default
when you shutdown. Also, it is NOT a good idea to run TWO software firewakks
at once. A hardware & a software one combo is ok, but running two Software
ones is NOT recommended.

Pick the one you trust most and disable the other.

Hope This Helps,
BMR777

Comper wrote:

> Windows XP SP2:
>
> Each time I boot the PC the windows firewall is set to "Off".
>
> Is it because I'm running an additional firewall?
Hi

Yes, that is the most likely reason. If you have 3.rd party
firewall installed, you really don't need to have the Windows
Firewall enabled...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: