9800 Pro Benchmark Question...

Hello All,

Both myself and two friends have almost identical computers all running
128MB 9800 Pro's. We all have the same versions of 3D Mark '01 and '03 plus
Aquamark. All our Aqua and '03 scores are within a few points of each other,
my '01 score is in the very low 17,000's theirs are in the very low
18,000's, can anyone explain this?

Thanks,
Martin.

"Martin S." <mart@dslextreme.com> wrote in message

" my '01 score is in the very low 17,000's theirs are in the very low
18,000's, can anyone explain this? "

Perhaps if you listed your *almost identical* systems, then people would be
able to advise you better. There could be a hundred differences between the
systems.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Martin S." <mart@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Both myself and two friends have almost identical computers all running
> 128MB 9800 Pro's. We all have the same versions of 3D Mark '01 and '03
plus
> Aquamark. All our Aqua and '03 scores are within a few points of each
other,
> my '01 score is in the very low 17,000's theirs are in the very low
> 18,000's, can anyone explain this?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin.

"Almost" identical is kind of meaningless. Just a different m/b model or
brand running the same chipset could do this. Different Catalyst versions on
actually identical systems show difference like this too.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 05:22:30 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com>
wrote:

>"Martin S." <mart@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Both myself and two friends have almost identical computers all running
>> 128MB 9800 Pro's. We all have the same versions of 3D Mark '01 and '03
>plus
>> Aquamark. All our Aqua and '03 scores are within a few points of each
>other,
>> my '01 score is in the very low 17,000's theirs are in the very low
>> 18,000's, can anyone explain this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Martin.
>
>"Almost" identical is kind of meaningless. Just a different m/b model or
>brand running the same chipset could do this. Different Catalyst versions on
>actually identical systems show difference like this too.

Can we know what driver your are using.
And your system spec.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> "Martin S." <mart@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>
> " my '01 score is in the very low 17,000's theirs are in the very low
> 18,000's, can anyone explain this? "
>

> Perhaps if you listed your *almost identical* systems, then people would
be
> able to advise you better. There could be a hundred differences between
the
> systems.

Well they are both in a beige box, and have mice attached, monitors on both
and Radeon 9800s, does he need to list anything else??
;-)