SORRY, I HAD FIRST SENT THIS IN GENERAL!

My new Compaq Presario was Preloaded with WinXP Home Edition. There is also
Norton AntiVirus + Norton Personal Firewall.This is a Trial Version and its
validity is only TWO months. I want to remove both (I already have SP2 for
Win XP) and install AVG 7.0 Free Edition.
How do I remove ALL of above NORTON?
Thanking you
Regards
Capt K Ripendran

Norton's should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to uninstalled
from there.

"Capt K Ripendran" <ripendra@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in> wrote in message
> SORRY, I HAD FIRST SENT THIS IN GENERAL!
>
> My new Compaq Presario was Preloaded with WinXP Home Edition. There is also Norton
> AntiVirus + Norton Personal Firewall.This is a Trial Version and its
> validity is only TWO months. I want to remove both (I already have SP2 for Win XP)
> and install AVG 7.0 Free Edition.
> How do I remove ALL of above NORTON?
> Thanking you
> Regards
> Capt K Ripendran

Thank you for the input. I have one more query. Whilst AVG AntiVirus
replaces Norton AntiVirus, can I take it that Windows Firewall (with SP2)
would replace Norton Personal Firwall?

Thanks in advance
Capt K Ripendran

"Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Norton's should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to
> uninstalled from there.
>
> "Capt K Ripendran" <ripendra@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in> wrote in message
>> SORRY, I HAD FIRST SENT THIS IN GENERAL!
>>
>> My new Compaq Presario was Preloaded with WinXP Home Edition. There is
>> also Norton AntiVirus + Norton Personal Firewall.This is a Trial Version
>> and its
>> validity is only TWO months. I want to remove both (I already have SP2
>> for Win XP) and install AVG 7.0 Free Edition.
>> How do I remove ALL of above NORTON?
>> Thanking you
>> Regards
>> Capt K Ripendran

Windows Firewall is better than no firewall at all.
You may wish to have a look at Zone Alarm's free firewall.

"Capt K Ripendran" wrote:

> Thank you for the input. I have one more query. Whilst AVG AntiVirus
> replaces Norton AntiVirus, can I take it that Windows Firewall (with SP2)
> would replace Norton Personal Firwall?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Capt K Ripendran
>
> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Norton's should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to
> > uninstalled from there.
> >
> > "Capt K Ripendran" <ripendra@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in> wrote in message
> >> SORRY, I HAD FIRST SENT THIS IN GENERAL!
> >>
> >> My new Compaq Presario was Preloaded with WinXP Home Edition. There is
> >> also Norton AntiVirus + Norton Personal Firewall.This is a Trial Version
> >> and its
> >> validity is only TWO months. I want to remove both (I already have SP2
> >> for Win XP) and install AVG 7.0 Free Edition.
> >> How do I remove ALL of above NORTON?
> >> Thanking you
> >> Regards
> >> Capt K Ripendran

Thank you for the info. I will have the Zone Alarm's Free Firewall
installed. Meantime, I have a small problem. In using AVG 7 Free Edition, I
get the following ERROR msg -after a scheduled scan.

AVGW caused an invalid page fault in
module AVGW.EXE at 0137:0040c279.

Unfortunately, the Forum for Users are NOT able to help. Perhaps it is
beyond the capacity of Moderators and Grisoft Team too!
AVGW is AVG for Windows and apparently there is some probelem in the
installation of the Free Edition of AntiVirus.
Thanking you
Capt K Ripendran

"Taurarian" <Taurarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows Firewall is better than no firewall at all.
> You may wish to have a look at Zone Alarm's free firewall.
>
> "Capt K Ripendran" wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the input. I have one more query. Whilst AVG AntiVirus
>> replaces Norton AntiVirus, can I take it that Windows Firewall (with SP2)
>> would replace Norton Personal Firwall?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Capt K Ripendran
>>
>> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Norton's should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. You should be able to
>> > uninstalled from there.
>> >
>> > "Capt K Ripendran" <ripendra@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in> wrote in message

Don't know much about AVG - perhaps it's a corrupt installation - try a
reinstallation. Make sure you don't have anything interferring with the installation
such as spyware.

Another free Anti Virus program you may be interested in

Spyware Programs links:-
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
www.security.kolla.de Spybot