Download fire wall unsuccessfully but effected other progr..

I tried to download the firewall from windows XP but after it still appears
off, however a game that I play has been affected & now I can not communicate
with others.
I also used 'Spybot search & destroy' for removing spyware, which could have
done the damage?
I tried to download the game from wanadoo.fr again but the problem stays the
same.
Please, any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
Evan
1 answer Last reply
More about download fire wall unsuccessfully effected progr

    Do you mean Win SP2 when you mentioned download of Win firewall?
    It may not have been successfully installed, or is blocking certain ports
    the online game needs to operate properly.

    Take a look at:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842242

    Si ca ne mache pas, laisse encore un message.

    "evanmoore" wrote:

    > I tried to download the firewall from windows XP but after it still appears
    > off, however a game that I play has been affected & now I can not communicate
    > with others.
    > I also used 'Spybot search & destroy' for removing spyware, which could have
    > done the damage?
    > I tried to download the game from wanadoo.fr again but the problem stays the
    > same.
    > Please, any suggestions?
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Evan