ATI's HDTV component adapter on a 9100 Pro?

Is there any chance of ATI's DVI-to-component HDTV adapter working properly
on a 9100 Pro? ATI's Web site only lists support for the 8500, 9500, 9600,
9700, and 9800 series; but is the omission of the 9100 due to a real
hardware limitation, or simply a lack of interest in supporting a slightly
older card? My 9100 Pro *does* have a DVI output jack.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Your card is just a rebranded 8500 so I would presume so.

Dan

<dan@dan.co.uk> wrote in message
> Your card is just a rebranded 8500 so I would presume so.

Thank you for the hint! Given your hint, a Google search tells me that a
9100 is apparently an 8500 with a slightly improved BIOS:

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotofaqlink.php?linkid=2257

"Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgmayka000@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Is there any chance of ATI's DVI-to-component HDTV adapter working
properly
> on a 9100 Pro? ATI's Web site only lists support for the 8500, 9500,
9600,
> 9700, and 9800 series; but is the omission of the 9100 due to a real
> hardware limitation, or simply a lack of interest in supporting a slightly
> older card? My 9100 Pro *does* have a DVI output jack.

I was finally able to get the 9100 to output to the HDTV directly through a
DVI cable; but the best resolution I could attain was 1816x520.