any comments regarding packard bell laptops?

i understand they are a partnership with NEC of Japan, is that right?
how is the:
quality
speed
support

anyone have any review sites to look at regarding these laptops?

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about comments packard bell laptops
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Ziggy Stardust" <ziggystardust888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i understand they are a partnership with NEC of Japan, is that
    right?
    > how is the:
    > quality
    > speed
    > support
    >
    > anyone have any review sites to look at regarding these laptops?
    >
    > thanks

    http://www.packardbell.com or http://www.cnet.com or
    http://www.epinions.com would be a good start.

    Elector
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:07:51 +0800, "Ziggy Stardust"
    <ziggystardust888@hotmail.com> wrote:

    *SNIP*

    >anyone have any review sites to look at regarding these laptops?
    >
    >thanks

    Well, PB notebook PCs are pretty good all in all, the build quality is
    pretty good, the general spec is amongst the better at their price
    point, and the new "Danube" build recopvery system means no annoying
    floppy disks or CDs to break / lose / etc. it's all HDD based now.
    Although you still get dear old MCD creator :)

    When it comes to slapping in new parts they are no better or worse
    than any other notebook, and the standard of the kit in there is
    pretty decent too.

    They tend to last pretty good too... I still have an old Easynote VX
    that is buzzing away to itself happily enough , even though it's HDD
    needs replacing. heh

Packard Bell Laptops NEC Computers