How do I reset GPO to 'factory default'

Help! - I've dug a hole for myself - have made various undocumented changes
to the Group Policy Object in XP Pro, then rolled out the image to 100 PCs.
Several months later am now beginning to find that some of those changes
(probably) are causing users various security related problems.
Can anyone tell me if there is a 'quick' way to reset all changes to default
for these machines? Thanks in anticipation ...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/scm_revert.mspx

When you reapply default security settings, all settings that are defined in
Setup security.inf are set as the template specifies, but other settings
that are not defined in the template may persist.

In other words, if you applied settings which are not set at all by default,
they will still be there after reapplying the default security template(s).

You may consider doing a WINDIFF between your security template and the
default if possible in order to determine what those 'gaps' may be.

Please repost if we can assist further.
--

Tim Springston
Microsoft Corporation