Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the Aministrator
account as well. Any ideas?
I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.

Fritz wrote:

> I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
> desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the Aministrator
> account as well. Any ideas?
> I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.
Hi

A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322

As well as:

You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?

Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

and

Blazefind problem
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind

More here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&as_drrb=q&q=logoff+wsaupdater+Userinit+group%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.*&as_qdr=&btnG=Search

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

Yes, I'm told the client ran AdAware 6.0 just before it started happening.
Thanks for the links! :)

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> Fritz wrote:
>
>> I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
>> desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the
>> Aministrator account as well. Any ideas?
>> I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.
> Hi
>
> A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322
>
> As well as:
>
> You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?
>
> Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
> http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
>
> and
>
> Blazefind problem
> http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind
>
> More here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&as_drrb=q&q=logoff+wsaupdater+Userinit+group%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.*&as_qdr=&btnG=Search

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

pattyjay

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
> As well as:
>
> You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?

yes! i have. how do i fix it?!?!

pattyjay

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
sketch that.. all i did was connect remotely to machine that was logging off (via regedit) and ensured the value was userinit.exe, the antivirus program i just removed changed it to iserints.exe. sneaky ****.... worked straight away not even reqd. to reboot!!