XP keeps logging off

I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the Aministrator
account as well. Any ideas?
I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.
4 answers Last reply
More about logging

    Fritz wrote:

    > I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
    > desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the Aministrator
    > account as well. Any ideas?
    > I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.
    Hi

    A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322

    As well as:

    You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?

    Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
    http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

    and

    Blazefind problem
    http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind

    More here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&as_drrb=q&q=logoff+wsaupdater+Userinit+group%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.*&as_qdr=&btnG=Search

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Yes, I'm told the client ran AdAware 6.0 just before it started happening.
    Thanks for the links! :)

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
    > Fritz wrote:
    >
    >> I have a XP Home PC that logs off the users before it even displays the
    >> desktop. I tried booting into safe mode but it happens to the
    >> Aministrator account as well. Any ideas?
    >> I'm considering booting it with a XP Pro CD and upgrading it.
    > Hi
    >
    > A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322
    >
    > As well as:
    >
    > You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?
    >
    > Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
    > http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
    >
    > and
    >
    > Blazefind problem
    > http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind
    >
    > More here:
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&as_drrb=q&q=logoff+wsaupdater+Userinit+group%3Amicrosoft.public.windowsxp.*&as_qdr=&btnG=Search

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
  3. > As well as:

    > You haven't by change removed any spyware/adware lately?

    yes! i have. how do i fix it?!?!
  4. sketch that.. all i did was connect remotely to machine that was logging off (via regedit) and ensured the value was userinit.exe, the antivirus program i just removed changed it to iserints.exe. sneaky ****.... worked straight away not even reqd. to reboot!!

Security Microsoft Windows XP