VIRUS??? - Screen tilts 90 deg and other Keyborad + Mouse ..

Knightmare

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2004

Can anyone help me?

After Netsky Virus the screen tilts 90 degrees left and then 90 degrees right.

When connected to the local network my mouse movements and the typings
appears on another computer screen on the local network, and the other
computers mouse movements appears on mine.

When disconnected from the network it works OK - but screen is still turned

(it gives a bad neck!!!)

The Symantec Virus Scan found Netsky-virus, and Ad-Aware found one running
process.

The virus is cleaned and the ADAware is now running without any un-wanted
items.

What is wrong???

Best regards . . . peter
--
Peter

Don't blame the Netsky !

Blame yourself for not practicingf Safe Hex. Because of your poor computing computer
practices you got infected.
However, the Netsky did NOT cause your video rotation problem. You propably have a nVidia
based video card and the nVidia software allowes rotating the screen 90 degrees.

Look in the Task Bar for video software and/or look at the Control Panel Video Display
applet for controls to rotate the video display to Normal mode.

To make sure you are clean, make sure you are using Adaware SE v1.05 and it is up-to-date
then perform the following...

1) Download the following two items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend signature files.

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt307.zip

SYSCLEAN.COM .

2) Disable System Restore
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode then shutdown as many applications as possible.
4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
6) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
7) Reboot your PC.
8) Create a new Restore point

Dave