Burning MMC's Mpeg files to DVD

Paul

Splendid

I'm using MMC 8.8 with an All-In-Wonder 9600XT. The card will capture video
and audio from the TV Tuner in an mpeg file.

Which is the best application to burn that to a DVD-RW. I want to use it as
a second VCR. And after I watch the DVD I will reuse it.

I have been using two application to do the job. Easy CD and DVD Creator 6
to convert the mpeg file into an ISO file, and then Clone DVD to burn that
file to DVD.
(easy cd and dvd creator would burn to dvd if I used a new unused DVD each
time...but that would defeat the purpose of re-recording on the DVD-RW over
and over again.)

Is there an all in one product that I can input the mpeg file and then burn
to DVD-RW

Thanks

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

ULead DVDFactory

"Paul" <paulgood@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using MMC 8.8 with an All-In-Wonder 9600XT. The card will capture
video
> and audio from the TV Tuner in an mpeg file.
>
> Which is the best application to burn that to a DVD-RW. I want to use it
as
> a second VCR. And after I watch the DVD I will reuse it.
>
> I have been using two application to do the job. Easy CD and DVD Creator
6
> to convert the mpeg file into an ISO file, and then Clone DVD to burn that
> file to DVD.
> (easy cd and dvd creator would burn to dvd if I used a new unused DVD each
> time...but that would defeat the purpose of re-recording on the DVD-RW
over
> and over again.)
>
> Is there an all in one product that I can input the mpeg file and then
burn
> to DVD-RW
>
> Thanks

kirk

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

i have tried several, Pinnacle's Studio 8 is great for editing, but all
kinds of errors when creating dvd menu's & burning. often create dvd & it
won't play correctly. Ulead VideoStudio 7 works great when creating dvd
menu's & burning dvd's, havn't burned a bad one yet. the only problem
VideoStudio & is that the editing is a little hard to figure out, but once
you get used to it, it really is quite easy to use. both retail for about
$99, but I got Ulead VideoStudio 7, the SE edidtion off of ebay for about
$15 including shipping. I was doing the same thing as you, recording my
favorite shows & watch them in a different room than my computer, &
occasionaly on my laptop while traveling... also a plus with VideoStudio 7,
the rendering time is about 1/2 of what Studio 8 takes.

"Paul" <paulgood@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using MMC 8.8 with an All-In-Wonder 9600XT. The card will capture
video
> and audio from the TV Tuner in an mpeg file.
>
> Which is the best application to burn that to a DVD-RW. I want to use it
as
> a second VCR. And after I watch the DVD I will reuse it.
>
> I have been using two application to do the job. Easy CD and DVD Creator
6
> to convert the mpeg file into an ISO file, and then Clone DVD to burn that
> file to DVD.
> (easy cd and dvd creator would burn to dvd if I used a new unused DVD each
> time...but that would defeat the purpose of re-recording on the DVD-RW
over
> and over again.)
>
> Is there an all in one product that I can input the mpeg file and then
burn
> to DVD-RW
>
> Thanks

connor

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:54:33 GMT, "kirk" <ibuseless@comcast.net>
wrote:

>i have tried several, Pinnacle's Studio 8 is great for editing, but all
>kinds of errors when creating dvd menu's & burning. often create dvd & it
>won't play correctly. Ulead VideoStudio 7 works great when creating dvd
>menu's & burning dvd's, havn't burned a bad one yet. the only problem
>VideoStudio & is that the editing is a little hard to figure out, but once
>you get used to it, it really is quite easy to use. both retail for about
>$99, but I got Ulead VideoStudio 7, the SE edidtion off of ebay for about
>$15 including shipping. I was doing the same thing as you, recording my
>favorite shows & watch them in a different room than my computer, &
>occasionaly on my laptop while traveling... also a plus with VideoStudio 7,
>the rendering time is about 1/2 of what Studio 8 takes.

I'll tell ya...Tmpgenc DVDAuthor is probably the simplest, easiest,
and quickest editor for dvd, or any type, compliant mpegs. And it'll
output the final mpg to all the files one would need in a video_ts
folder ready to burn to dvd.
It's really quite nice: moving chapter thumbnails, menu editor, menu
templates, etc.

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html
I record Survivor every Thursday with my All-In-Wonder 9600xt with the
'DVD-High' setting and the results are pretty amazing. Editing out the
commercials and outputting the final mpg to a video_ts folder takes
about 30 minutes max. Then another 13 minutes to burn to a dvd using
Nero.