Printer sharing with SP Home SP2

I have 3 computers in a small office that I am attempting to finish
networking together. All three are connected to a small hub that allows them
to access the same DSL connection. I have assigned each computer a static IP
address, and also assigned each computer to the same workgroup. Here is
where I get hung up. Each computer has a user account for the other two
users. I did not set up the users, so am I to assume that each computer can
see the other two, and therefore created a user account. If you look at each
of the user accounts at the login screen, it shows the correct information as
far as how many programs are running, unopened emails, etc. Looks to me that
they can communicate with each other. However, I have a local printer that
is hooked to machine 2, machine 1 needs to access it. I have enabled
sharing, and assigned a name, but when you try to install it as a network
printer, you cannot see any of the computers on the network. Nor can you
see the workgroup in Network Neighborhood. Thanks in advance for any help, I
am getting very frustrated!
--
Bree

You might want to post your question in the Windows XP networking
newsgroup. They're located here:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web&sloc=en-us

Also, you might want to include some additional information. For
instance, what brand and model number is your "hub"? I use the
quotes because I think what you're really using is a router. You
also might want to go into a little more detail as far as the
static IP's are concerned. What numbers did you enter?

Good luck

Nepatsfan

"Bree" <Bree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 computers in a small office that I am attempting to
>finish
> networking together. All three are connected to a small hub
> that allows them
> to access the same DSL connection. I have assigned each
> computer a static IP
> address, and also assigned each computer to the same workgroup.
> Here is
> where I get hung up. Each computer has a user account for the
> other two
> users. I did not set up the users, so am I to assume that each
> computer can
> see the other two, and therefore created a user account. If
> you look at each
> of the user accounts at the login screen, it shows the correct
> information as
> far as how many programs are running, unopened emails, etc.
> Looks to me that
> they can communicate with each other. However, I have a local
> printer that
> is hooked to machine 2, machine 1 needs to access it. I have
> enabled
> sharing, and assigned a name, but when you try to install it as
> a network
> printer, you cannot see any of the computers on the network.
> Nor can you
> see the workgroup in Network Neighborhood. Thanks in advance
> for any help, I
> am getting very frustrated!
> --
> Bree

Thank you for your suggestion. I have posted my question there as well. I
am quite certain that I am using a hub not a router, personally don't feel
that is part of the problem as each computer can ping each other, and has
access to the internet.