Logging on as "Administrator"

How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account set
as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account called
"Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
Cheers
3 answers Last reply
More about logging administrator

    CTL-ALT-DEL

    --
    Bob McCoy
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "SeanFace" <SeanFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account
    > set
    > as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account
    > called
    > "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
    > Cheers

    "SeanFace" <SeanFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account
    > set
    > as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account
    > called
    > "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
    > Cheers

    On Windows XP Professional - If you have the friendly logon "Welcome" screen
    on display when you start your PC, and the local Administrator account is
    not listed; then press CTRL-ALT-DEL TWICE quickly. This will bring up the
    classic login dialog box. You can then enter the user name as Administrator
    and the appropriate password.
    On Windows XP Home Edition - I believe you may have to boot the opertaing
    system into "Safe Mode" - press the F8 key during the boot process to being
    up the boot menu - you can then chose "Safe Mode" then login as described
    above.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    SeanFace wrote:
    > How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account set
    > as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account called
    > "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
    > Cheers

    By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP
    Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
    <CTRL>+<ALT>+<DEL> twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard
    login dialog box.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: