Logging on as "Administrator"

a b 8 Security
December 21, 2004 10:41:01 PM

How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account set
as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account called
"Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
Cheers

More about : logging administrator

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 22, 2004 1:13:10 AM

CTL-ALT-DEL

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

"SeanFace" <SeanFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account
> set
> as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account
> called
> "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
> Cheers
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 22, 2004 11:09:38 AM

"SeanFace" <SeanFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account
> set
> as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account
> called
> "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
> Cheers

On Windows XP Professional - If you have the friendly logon "Welcome" screen
on display when you start your PC, and the local Administrator account is
not listed; then press CTRL-ALT-DEL TWICE quickly. This will bring up the
classic login dialog box. You can then enter the user name as Administrator
and the appropriate password.
On Windows XP Home Edition - I believe you may have to boot the opertaing
system into "Safe Mode" - press the F8 key during the boot process to being
up the boot menu - you can then chose "Safe Mode" then login as described
above.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"SeanFace" <SeanFace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account
> set
> as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account
> called
> "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
> Cheers
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 22, 2004 12:50:46 PM

SeanFace wrote:
> How do I log onto my computer as "Administrator"? I have my own account set
> as computer administrator...but apparently there is a built in account called
> "Administrator". How do I get to it? Thanks all
> Cheers

By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP
Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
<CTRL>+<ALT>+<DEL> twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard
login dialog box.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: