How to apply group policy to a STAND ALONE workstation

How do I create and apply group policy to a stand alaone workstation?
3 answers Last reply
More about apply group policy stand workstation

    Start | Run | gpedit.msc

    --
    Bob McCoy
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "Walt." <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I create and apply group policy to a stand alaone workstation?

    "Windows cannot find the file gpedit.msc"

    --

    ... Hank

    http://horedson.home.att.net
    http://w0rli.home.att.net

    Hank Oredson wrote:

    > "Windows cannot find the file gpedit.msc"

    Are you the original poster? I thought someone named Walt was asking.
    However, neither of you said what version of XP you are using. The
    Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is only available on XP Pro; Home does
    not have this. On Home, you can get some of the Pro abilities by using
    MVP Doug Knox's Security Console applet. Get it at his website,
    www.dougknox.com.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Policy Security Workstations Microsoft Windows XP