disabled task manager

how do I enable a disabled task manager?
--
Thanks for your help.....

If you are a PC Admin or have admin rights and you are running XP Pro, you
can try running gpedit.msc (Start>run>gpedit.msc). There is a setting in
there, I think, that controls availibility of the Task Manager.

BMR777

Malke

oshawabob wrote:

> how do I enable a disabled task manager?

First, you determine that the computer is not infected by a virus
because Task Manager (and Regedit and Cmd) not running is a symptom of
viral infection.

Second, if you've scanned with a current version (not earlier than 2003)
full-featured antivirus using updated definitions - in Safe Mode - and
the computer is clean, you go to MVP Kelly Theriot's website here:

and click on "T". Scroll down to the Task Manager section and see what
applies to your situation.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User