72MHz core speed?!! on 9600SE

I'm having troubles with newly installed 9600SE already.
I used RadClocker, and it showed 324MHz core speed. I upped it to 330MHz,
and clicked SET then apply. Now I ran ATI GARGOYLE screensaver, which ran
very very slow.

I checked radclocker again, and it says core speed 72MHz!?? No matter how
high i set this, it always falls back to 72MHz. I can set to 70, and it
stays there, but not higher that 72.

What's Up?

Forgot to say i'm running cat 4.1 and radclocker 2,006.
It seems it resets clock rate to 72MHz after ANY change.

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> I'm having troubles with newly installed 9600SE already.
> I used RadClocker, and it showed 324MHz core speed. I upped it to 330MHz,
> and clicked SET then apply. Now I ran ATI GARGOYLE screensaver, which ran
> very very slow.
>
> I checked radclocker again, and it says core speed 72MHz!?? No matter how
> high i set this, it always falls back to 72MHz. I can set to 70, and it
> stays there, but not higher that 72.
>
> What's Up?

On 4/14/2004 1:37 PM Asestar brightened our day with:

>Forgot to say i'm running cat 4.1 and radclocker 2,006.
>It seems it resets clock rate to 72MHz after ANY change.
>
>"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
>

>>I'm having troubles with newly installed 9600SE already.
>>I used RadClocker, and it showed 324MHz core speed. I upped it to 330MHz,
>>and clicked SET then apply. Now I ran ATI GARGOYLE screensaver, which ran
>>very very slow.
>>
>>I checked radclocker again, and it says core speed 72MHz!?? No matter how
>>high i set this, it always falls back to 72MHz. I can set to 70, and it
>>stays there, but not higher that 72.
>>
>>What's Up?

You might want to try the RadLinker forums.
Maybe Chris can help you.
http://www.radlinker.com/forums/

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]