Infection with Odyssey

Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in Safe
mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove would
be appreciated.
--
Thanks, Sailor Bob
3 answers Last reply

    Does she go to UIC? Is she going back after Christmas break?

    --
    Bob McCoy
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "Sailor Bob" <bobhoffman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
    > have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in
    > Safe
    > mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
    > registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove
    > would
    > be appreciated.
    > --
    > Thanks, Sailor Bob

    There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    Virus Removal Tools
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

    Online Virus Removal Tutorials
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

    3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Sailor Bob" wrote:

    | Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
    | have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in Safe
    | mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
    | registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove would
    | be appreciated.
    | --
    | Thanks, Sailor Bob

    She attends a University in FL and will be returning after xmas. Want to get
    her PC clean while she is at home.

    "Bob McCoy [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Does she go to UIC? Is she going back after Christmas break?
    >
    > --
    > Bob McCoy
    > * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    > * Please note I cannot respond to email questions. Please use these
    > newsgroups.
    >

    > "Sailor Bob" <bobhoffman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > > Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
    > > have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in
    > > Safe
    > > mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
    > > registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove
    > > would
    > > be appreciated.
    > > --
    > > Thanks, Sailor Bob