Infection with Odyssey

December 23, 2004 9:13:05 AM

Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in Safe
mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove would
be appreciated.
--
Thanks, Sailor Bob

More about : infection odyssey

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:29:11 AM

Does she go to UIC? Is she going back after Christmas break?

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

"Sailor Bob" <bobhoffman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
> Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
> have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in
> Safe
> mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
> registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove
> would
> be appreciated.
> --
> Thanks, Sailor Bob
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 11:29:36 AM

There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Virus Removal Tools
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.lis...

Online Virus Removal Tutorials
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremo...

3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Sailor Bob" wrote:

| Daughter returned from college and was infected with "Odyssey". To remove
| have scanned PC with Spy Sweeper (in Safe mode), Norton Anti-virus (in Safe
| mode), removed software through Control Panel, deleted files on PC, edited
| registry and still it continues to return. Guidance on how to remove would
| be appreciated.
| --
| Thanks, Sailor Bob
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:51:02 PM

She attends a University in FL and will be returning after xmas. Want to get
her PC clean while she is at home.

!