is su.exe compatible with windows XP pro ?

a b 8 Security
December 23, 2004 1:47:03 PM

We use su.exe with windows 2000 whith succes.
I am now trying with Windows XP Pro sp2 and it doesn't seem sto work so far.
Does anyones knows if su.exe compatible with windows XP pro ?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 23, 2004 6:49:02 PM

Consider the built-in Secondary Logon service, available on the command line
as:

runas /user:local_machine_name\local_username executable_name.exe

Replace local_machine_name with domain_name if on a domain.

"toronto" wrote:

> We use su.exe with windows 2000 whith succes.
> I am now trying with Windows XP Pro sp2 and it doesn't seem sto work so far.
> Does anyones knows if su.exe compatible with windows XP pro ?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 23, 2004 8:10:58 PM

toronto wrote:
> We use su.exe with windows 2000 whith succes.
> I am now trying with Windows XP Pro sp2 and it doesn't seem sto work
> so far. Does anyones knows if su.exe compatible with windows XP pro ?

Try this:
http://www.stefan-kuhr.de/supsu/main.php3

--
<- Shenan ->
a b 8 Security

runas as not a replacement for su, because, you have to enter the
password manually - therefor runas can not be used in
scripts!!![/quote]
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 4:16:41 PM

edi8 wrote:
> runas as not a replacement for su, because, you have to enter the
> password manually - therefor runas can not be used in
> scripts!!![/quote]

Since I don't see an actual question in here, how about

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...

?
!