Task Manager problems

My computer won't let me open my task manager anymore. When I try and open
it, it pops a message up that says "Task Manager has been disabled by your
Administrator." I used the task manager not more than three hours ago, and it
worked fine then, and no one else has changed anything on the computer...what
could it be?
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager problems

    Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "wannabegeek" wrote:

    | My computer won't let me open my task manager anymore. When I try and open
    | it, it pops a message up that says "Task Manager has been disabled by your
    | Administrator." I used the task manager not more than three hours ago, and it
    | worked fine then, and no one else has changed anything on the computer...what
    | could it be?

    Your domain administrator doesn't have to touch your machine if they set
    group policy somewhere in your OU heirarchy. "User
    Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Ctl+Alt+Del Options\Remove
    Task Manager" is the item in group policy where it can be controlled. You
    may want to check with your administrator and inquire if they've made any
    changes.

    From the Explain tab ...

    <QUOTE>Prevents users from starting Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe).

    If this setting is enabled and users try to start Task Manager, a message
    appears explaining that a policy prevents the action.

    Task Manager lets users start and stop programs; monitor the performance of
    their computers; view and monitor all programs running on their computers,
    including system services; find the executable names of programs; and change
    the priority of the process in which programs run.</QUOTE>

    --
    Bob McCoy
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "wannabegeek" wrote in message ...
    > My computer won't let me open my task manager anymore. When I try and open
    > it, it pops a message up that says "Task Manager has been disabled by your
    > Administrator." I used the task manager not more than three hours ago, and
    > it
    > worked fine then, and no one else has changed anything on the
    > computer...what
    > could it be?

Computers Task Manager Windows XP