Domains

My company issued laptop was assigned to a domain. Now that I am no longer
with the company, and have kept the laptop I would like to remove the domain
from the login. I have tried using a new username, but my programs,
preferences and documents do not carry through to the new username.

Any suggestions? I am using XP Pro, SP2.

Thanks,

clamborn
2 answers Last reply
More about domains

    clamborn wrote:
    > My company issued laptop was assigned to a domain. Now that I am no
    > longer with the company, and have kept the laptop I would like to
    > remove the domain from the login. I have tried using a new username,
    > but my programs, preferences and documents do not carry through to
    > the new username.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I am using XP Pro, SP2.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > clamborn

    Did you already remove the computer from the domain? If not, try the
    "transfer files & settings wizard" (in programs, accessories, system
    tools)....export then import. I usually just do this the old fashioned way
    and copy data elsewhere & recreate my profile, but I'm a DIY type.

    clamborn wrote:
    > My company issued laptop was assigned to a domain. Now that I am no longer
    > with the company, and have kept the laptop I would like to remove the domain
    > from the login. I have tried using a new username, but my programs,
    > preferences and documents do not carry through to the new username.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I am using XP Pro, SP2.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > clamborn

    1) Log in to the laptop using the local, built-in Administrator account
    and remove it from the domain by adding it to a workgroup.

    2) Create a new local account for your daily use, and copying the files
    and settings from your old domain account's user profile to the new profile.

    3) Delete the old domain account's user profile.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm