Bluetooth Headset with Pocket PC 2003

April 19, 2004 2:33:36 PM

Hi all

Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as a
Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile) phone?

Any links and advise greatly appreciated

Thanks
JS
April 19, 2004 2:33:37 PM

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<c606a9$3p6$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>...
> Hi all
>
> Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as a
> Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile) phone?
>
> Any links and advise greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
> JS

Check this link: http://www.driveblue.com

CK3000 should allow you to use your GSM-enabled phone as a handsfree.
CK3300 will wirelessly broadcast NMEA0183 signal inside the car, so
that comes handy if you are doing navigation also from your PDA.

Dan
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 5:19:17 PM

I don't think that it is possible.

To be used as a hands-free headset, your device should implement the Hands
Free or Headset profile, while Pocket PCs, computers, cell phones and other
devices usually only support it.

It means that a handheld, computer or cell phone is able to use a device
which implements that profile, but is not able to act as such a device.

You can get more information about that on www.bluetooth.org.

Cheers,
Paulo

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as a
> Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile) phone?
>
> Any links and advise greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
> JS

April 19, 2004 6:26:23 PM

so does that mean that I can listen to mp3s using my bluetooth hands free
head set? If it does can you explain how I can do this. I have an
Ipaq2210.

Naveed

"Paulo Reichert" <paulo@reichert.co.uk> wrote in message
> I don't think that it is possible.
>
> To be used as a hands-free headset, your device should implement the Hands
> Free or Headset profile, while Pocket PCs, computers, cell phones and
other
> devices usually only support it.
>
> It means that a handheld, computer or cell phone is able to use a device
> which implements that profile, but is not able to act as such a device.
>
> You can get more information about that on www.bluetooth.org.
>
> Cheers,
> Paulo
>
> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as
> > Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile)
phone?

> > Any links and advise greatly appreciated
> >
> > Thanks
> > JS

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 3:15:03 AM

Hi,
Did somebody manage to make working an Axim X5 wme2003 with a bluetooth
headset
or a driveblue/ck3000 ?
I mean voice redirection over bluetooth, because i have no headset profile
in my axim's bluetooth manager and my driveblue is recognized by it but no
services are available for the driveblue
regards

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi all
>
> Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as a
> Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile) phone?
>
> Any links and advise greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
> JS

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 12:30:05 PM

"inv" <invasionNosPam@freesurf.fr> wrote in message
news:o UAqeNlJEHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Did somebody manage to make working an Axim X5 wme2003 with a bluetooth
> headset
> or a driveblue/ck3000 ?
> I mean voice redirection over bluetooth, because i have no headset profile
> in my axim's bluetooth manager and my driveblue is recognized by it but no
> services are available for the driveblue
> regards
>
> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > Hi all
> >
> > Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003) as
> > Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile)
phone?

> > Any links and advise greatly appreciated
> >
> > Thanks
> > JS

On the iPaq, (Pocket PC 2003: I think you need this as opposed to 2002, as
the Bluetooth stack was updated), there is a registry hack to allow the
headset profile to be visible:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WidComm\BtConfig\Services\005\Enabled
Set it to 1 (it would originally be 0).

There may be a similar thing on your device?

I'm looking for the opposite functionality.

Good luck
JS
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 1:21:10 PM

Yes, you can use a Bluetooth headset to listen to MP3 music if it is what
you want, however, you don't have an stereo headset for phones today. Some
are comming soon to the market.

To do that you must open your Bluetooth Manager, tap New --> Connect!,
select in the list the option "Connect a headset" then follow the normal
procedure to find the Bluetooth device and configure it. I can't guide you
further because I don't have a Bluetooth headset to test it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Paulo
"MNQ" <corlioni1976REMOVE@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> so does that mean that I can listen to mp3s using my bluetooth hands free
> head set? If it does can you explain how I can do this. I have an
> Ipaq2210.
>
> Naveed
>
> "Paulo Reichert" <paulo@reichert.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I don't think that it is possible.
> >
> > To be used as a hands-free headset, your device should implement the
Hands
> > Free or Headset profile, while Pocket PCs, computers, cell phones and
> other
> > devices usually only support it.
> >
> > It means that a handheld, computer or cell phone is able to use a device
> > which implements that profile, but is not able to act as such a device.
> >
> > You can get more information about that on www.bluetooth.org.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paulo
> >
> > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Anyone know if/how to use an iPaq (3570, loaded iwth Pocket PC 2003)
as
> > > Bluetooth headset / handsfree, when paired with a cellular (mobile)
> phone?
> > >
> > > Any links and advise greatly appreciated
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > JS

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 11:28:21 PM

>I'm looking for the opposite functionality.

>Good luck
> JS

Hi,
thanks for your reply i will try the reg tip !
for your opposite request i tried , this software, but it didnt work
for the axim coz it runs only with some ipaq models:
Kai's Bluetooth Headset Patch 2004 [i.e. h194x, h221x] by Kaisoft /
Pocketkai
on www.handango.com
perhaps it should work for you
there's no trial version but you should have a 30 days refund policy
cheers
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:19:16 PM

> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> >I'm looking for the opposite functionality.
>
> >Good luck
> > JS
>
> Hi,
> thanks for your reply i will try the reg tip !
> for your opposite request i tried , this software, but it didnt work
> for the axim coz it runs only with some ipaq models:
> Kai's Bluetooth Headset Patch 2004 [i.e. h194x, h221x] by Kaisoft /
> Pocketkai
> on www.handango.com
> perhaps it should work for you
> there's no trial version but you should have a 30 days refund policy
> cheers

Thanks for the info. Reading the blurb, it sounds like all it does is to
enable the headset profile (the hack mentioned earlier), and some program to
redirect speaker output to the headset.

I'm looking to use the PDA as a headset when paired with a bluetooth-enabled
mobile (cellular) phone. I think my wish-list is too optimistic though.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 5:35:31 PM

> I'm looking to use the PDA as a headset when paired with a
bluetooth-enabled
> mobile (cellular) phone. I think my wish-list is too optimistic though.

Hi,
:-)
Yes i think full duplex with a pda is quite optimistic
and the audio quality should be a worry in both ways.
i saw that motorola developped a handsfree bluetooth speaker HF800,
(soon available on expansys) perhaps it could help you
i 'd like to use it as a speaker for my tomtom voice instructions used in
conjunction with my axim x5, for gps car navigation.(coz the voice via the
pda speaker is quasi inaudible in a noisy background)
regards
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 9:11:18 PM

Ive been trying in vain to accomplish exactly the same thing. You would
think this would be a "no-brainer" but obviously it sure isnt ;)  Ive
settled on using Running Voice to connect/control my phone then use a wired
hands free headset routed through my shirt down to my phone on its belt
clip. It works ok but Id much prefer not being tethered to the phone.

Mitch

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message > > thanks for your
reply i will try the reg tip !
> Thanks for the info. Reading the blurb, it sounds like all it does is to
> enable the headset profile (the hack mentioned earlier), and some program
> redirect speaker output to the headset.
>
> I'm looking to use the PDA as a headset when paired with a
bluetooth-enabled
> mobile (cellular) phone. I think my wish-list is too optimistic though.

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:30:25 PM

"Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.net> a écrit dans le message de
Ive
> settled on using Running Voice to connect/control my phone then use a
wired
> hands free headset routed through my shirt down to my phone on its belt
> clip. It works ok but Id much prefer not being tethered to the phone.
>
> Mitch

hi ,
for JS , "running voice"(misnamed? :-)) , but doesnt offer to use the
speaker
or microphone on the pda
http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp
cheers
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:33:53 PM

> "Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.net> a écrit dans le message de
> Ive
> > settled on using Running Voice to connect/control my phone then use a
> wired
> > hands free headset routed through my shirt down to my phone on its belt
> > clip. It works ok but Id much prefer not being tethered to the phone.
> >
> > Mitch
>
> hi ,
> for JS , "running voice"(misnamed? :-)) , but doesnt offer to use the
> speaker
> or microphone on the pda
> http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp
> cheers

Inv:

Been there, read that, almost bought a t-shirt.

Thanks.
JS
May 18, 2004 8:09:30 AM

"inv" <invasionNosPam@freesurf.fr> wrote in message news:<OMrZDT5JEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > I'm looking to use the PDA as a headset when paired with a
> bluetooth-enabled
> > mobile (cellular) phone. I think my wish-list is too optimistic though.
> >
> Hi,
> :-)
> Yes i think full duplex with a pda is quite optimistic
> and the audio quality should be a worry in both ways.
> i saw that motorola developped a handsfree bluetooth speaker HF800,
> (soon available on expansys) perhaps it could help you
> i 'd like to use it as a speaker for my tomtom voice instructions used in
> conjunction with my axim x5, for gps car navigation.(coz the voice via the
> pda speaker is quasi inaudible in a noisy background)
> regards

I've tried the HF800 with a Nokia 3650 and it works amazingly well in
full duplex. So opened it (foreclosing...etc) and found a DSP from
ForteMedia and two mikes performing echo cancellation and noise
reduction - very well done, and impressive small piece of device.

I don't see the Axim listing any Bluetooth audio profile. But I beta
tested an HP5550 with the new Parrot CK3300 and got the audio nav in
the car speakers over Bluetooth, muting the audio. The CK also
broadcasts the GPS signal to the PDA over Bluetooth. You'd need do
some little install for that one, and also have a need for a Bluetooth
handsfree system as well, which means a Bluetooth phone.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:06:04 AM

My be off topic but I have the CK3300 and mine has bluetooth issues,
not there to pair with alot!! Hit and miss. Been in contact with
Parrot tech support, told them everything via email now it seems they
are avoiding me!

Anyone having any luck with their ck3300???

!