Sapphire 9800 Pro compatibility with Soyo P4I875P Dragon 2..

Need ATI community help, please.

My configuration is an Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro "resting" inside a
Soyo P4I875P Dragon 2 V1.0. Both items spanking new. Enermax 430
watt ps. Minimum floppy drive and memory installed.

Symptoms are no video on power up. No bios screen displayed but I do
get a single beep and other system behaviors which lead me to know
it's sitting in the bios page (I just can't see it). I've contacted
both companies and neither can resolve the issue to date.

Troubleshooting to date:

Flashed Soyo to latest available bios with no diffence.
9800 pro tested in another (older) motherboard and it booted normal.
P4I875P Dragon tested with Nvidia (older) video card and it booted
normal.
AGP voltage adjusted up (1.6-1.8 v) does not correct problem.
Insert key pressed on boot does not work.

Prior to returning this setup to NewEgg is there anything else the
user community can recommend trying? Anyone running this config or
seen this problem before? Many thanks in advance.

Betty

Hi Betty R.

My guess is that the AGP slot in the mobo is defective. It will handle an
older generation video card, but not the latest. Check the newsgroups
through Google to see if there are any issues between that mobo and the 9800
pro. If there are don't exchange the board, replace it with a different
one. If there are no issues that you can find, then just exchange the mobo
for another one.

JK