Nvidia Dusk demo patch

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

I haven't tried this yet, but it allows running the Dusk & Dawn nvidia demos
on ATI cards:
http://fairy.night-owls.com/

rms

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> I haven't tried this yet, but it allows running the Dusk & Dawn nvidia
demos
> on ATI cards:
> http://fairy.night-owls.com/
>
> rms

Tried it but no matter how much I try, I can't get either demo to work with
the patch. I have an ATI 9600 Pro so maybe I'm below min spec even for the
ATI cards?

Andy

"Andy Pandy" <andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in message

> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > I haven't tried this yet, but it allows running the Dusk & Dawn nvidia
> demos
> > on ATI cards:
> > http://fairy.night-owls.com/
> >
> > rms
> >

> Tried it but no matter how much I try, I can't get either demo to work
with
> the patch. I have an ATI 9600 Pro so maybe I'm below min spec even for the
> ATI cards?
>
> Andy

Aha, with cat 4.4 - follow instructions in this link and you may at least
get the dawn demo working (very spooky!). Can't yet get the dusk demo
working though.

Here's the link:

http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atidawning/

> "Andy Pandy" <andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > > I haven't tried this yet, but it allows running the Dusk & Dawn nvidia
> > demos
> > > on ATI cards:
> > > http://fairy.night-owls.com/
> > >
> > > rms
> > >

> > Tried it but no matter how much I try, I can't get either demo to work
> with
> > the patch. I have an ATI 9600 Pro so maybe I'm below min spec even for
the
> > ATI cards?
> >
> > Andy
> >

> Aha, with cat 4.4 - follow instructions in this link and you may at least
> get the dawn demo working (very spooky!). Can't yet get the dusk demo
> working though.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atidawning/
>
> Andy

Yep. The Dawn demo now works but still can't get the Dusk demo to work
properly. It runs, but everything looks strange and dark - definitely not
how its supposed to ;-)

Either way, I probably agree with the consensus that they aren't _that_
impressive. Didn't realise the Dawn demo was that old though <g>
It obviously passed me by the first time around!

Andy

> Yep. The Dawn demo now works but still can't get the Dusk demo to work
> properly. It runs, but everything looks strange and dark - definitely not
> how its supposed to ;-)
>
> Either way, I probably agree with the consensus that they aren't _that_
> impressive. Didn't realise the Dawn demo was that old though <g>
> It obviously passed me by the first time around!
>
> Andy

How exactly did you get DUSK to work? Is it Dusk or Dusk Ultra you running?

I can easily run Dawn demo on 9600SE, by copying opengl32.dll and
atioglxx.dll to bin folder, then renaming fairy.exe to 3dmark03.exe.

But what about dusk? That 26mb patch did nothing to run dusk on ati card.

Same goes for me. Dawn is fine and works well. However, can't get Dusk to
run. I tried Dusk Ultra though. Didn't try regular Dusk. Also I'm running
(9800pro 128mb).

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

Andy Pandy wrote:
> "Andy Pandy" <andrew@NOSPAMPLEASEthefunhouse.plus.com> wrote in
> message news:um6gc.31274$h44.4504995@stones.force9.net...
>>
>> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>>> I haven't tried this yet, but it allows running the Dusk & Dawn
>>> nvidia demos on ATI cards:
>>> http://fairy.night-owls.com/
>>>
>>> rms
>>>

>> Tried it but no matter how much I try, I can't get either demo to
>> work with the patch. I have an ATI 9600 Pro so maybe I'm below min
>> spec even for the ATI cards?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Aha, with cat 4.4 - follow instructions in this link and you may at
> least get the dawn demo working (very spooky!). Can't yet get the
> dusk demo working though.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atidawning/
>
> Andy

I got both working by copying opengl32.dll to both directories (duck and
dawn bin folder) as well as atioglxx.dll to both directories.

looks nice but really left me wondering whats all the fuss about.

"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in

>> Andy
>
> I got both working by copying opengl32.dll to both
> directories (duck and dawn bin folder) as well as
> atioglxx.dll to both directories.
>
> looks nice but really left me wondering whats all the fuss
> about.

The fuss when the Dawn demo was new was simply about being able
to run a new, rinky dink cutting edge, Geforce 'exclusive' on
an ATI card.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On 17 Apr 2004 10:40:52 GMT, Lithurge <bogorfspam@btopenworld.com>
wrote:

||"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in
||>
||> I got both working by copying opengl32.dll to both
||> directories (duck and dawn bin folder) as well as
||> atioglxx.dll to both directories.
||>
||> looks nice but really left me wondering whats all the fuss
||> about.

||The fuss when the Dawn demo was new was simply about being able
||to run a new, rinky dink cutting edge, Geforce 'exclusive' on
||an ATI card.

Uh.. and don't forget you can rename the main .exe file and get her
nude. I think that was what the fuss was about. ;)

Pluvious