Red Outlines .. is my AIW card going bad?

sailor

Noticed this about the time I switched over to XP pro.
A neighborhood geek says " Often an indication that your
video card is going bad.

This red or pink line forms around areas of contrast and mostly
noticable on peoples faces or on skin colors.

Anyone have any ideas? I had to reload all my ati software when i
switched over the xp.

my card is an aiw radion 32 ddr

rgds, ly

Mike

Splendid

I get red lines through out the whole display if I move the VGA cable.
The card doesn't seem to seat 100 percent firm. When I have the PC
where it should be, not pulled forward to work on it, I have no lines.
I have an ATI AIW 9000Pro and an MSI 865pe NEO2 FIS2R board. They
work great. It might be the DV-VGA adapter that is causing my issue.
With you it could be the card, the monitor, or the connection.
Swapping things out may be what you can try. Your neighbor may be
right. I haven't had a card go bad so I don't know what to look for.

sailor@ruaturtle.com wrote:
> Noticed this about the time I switched over to XP pro.
> A neighborhood geek says " Often an indication that your
> video card is going bad.
>
> This red or pink line forms around areas of contrast and mostly
> noticable on peoples faces or on skin colors.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? I had to reload all my ati software when i
> switched over the xp.
>
> my card is an aiw radion 32 ddr
>
> rgds, ly

I have 2 cards gone dead on me. It might be an issue. Do you see lines when
running 3d apps?

If no, then I highly doubt it's your card. Uninstall all ati software, use
"DRIVER CLEANER 3" afterwards to clean up junk. Then install catalyst 4.4
and see if problem is stil there.