Bypass User Login page

When I first got my computer, XP Pro, it booted straight to the desktop.
During the last week, it suddenly boots to a User Prompt, which I have to
click to get to the desktop.

How do I get back to the no user prompt?

Ned;
Start/Run
Type "control userpasswords2" ENTER
Uncheck "Users must enter..."
Click OK and follow prompts.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Ned Heller" <epheller@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> When I first got my computer, XP Pro, it booted straight to the desktop.
> During the last week, it suddenly boots to a User Prompt, which I have to
> click to get to the desktop.
>
> How do I get back to the no user prompt?

This could be the normal behaviour of XP, if you have joined the PC to a
DOMAIN. Once a workstation is a member of a domain the User Login Screen is
required.

Otherwise as noted in the previous reply the autologon feature can be
re-enabled.

Thanks
John Fuhrman
Titan Global Services
http://www.titangs.com

"Ned Heller" wrote:

> When I first got my computer, XP Pro, it booted straight to the desktop.
> During the last week, it suddenly boots to a User Prompt, which I have to
> click to get to the desktop.
>
> How do I get back to the no user prompt?

Thanks, the original solution seemed to work. I have no idea what a domain
is, but my computer is part of my home network and I have shared folders on
this computer. Is that what a domain is?

Ned