XP crash related to Netgear adapter?

My setup: Win XP Professional with a Netgear WG121 wireless adapter. The
adapter connects to a Netgear DG834G Wireless router for ADSL internet
access.

When the adapter is disconnected, the PC runs solidly. When the adapter is
live, the PC crashes intermittently - it could be after 5 minutes or 5
hours. It does not seem to be conected to any specific activity. (Oh and by
crash I mean freezes completely so I have to switch off/onn to recover).

Any suggestions?

John Lewis

Bear

I've have the same problem whit my WG121 - USB. Also having big problem whit Windows Update. It doesn’t work at all, whit WG121. When I do the same thing whit a normal ADSL modem it works, but at same time I install the WG121 driver, all system update stop working.

I have to uninstall the WG121 and do system update whit the other modem connection and then go back to WG121, just for the internet surfing.