Radeon 9200 or 9600SE

Im looking to buy a DVI capable card for my Dell 1901fp 19" LCD. I
dont do any gaming and mostly use my computer to watch DVDs, watch TV
thru my TV wonder VE card, watch MPEGS, and surf the net. I currently
have a radeon 7000 running on a Dell 400sc.

Ive found these cards

Saphire Radeon 9200 64mb $55
Saphire Radeon 9200 128mb $65
Saphire Radeon 9600SE 128mb $71
Gigabyte Radeon 9200 128mb $70

I would really like to spend less then ~$100 so if you have any
preference between the cards above or any other card please reply.

TIA.

Go for Radeon9600SE. It is quiet, fast and very good video playback.
Also it support FullStream2, which combined with DivxPlayer, can play very
smooth and sharp hardware filtered avi and mpeg files.

If you do some gaming, then look into nVidia FX 5500, which is a juiced up
Fx5200, at almost same price. Not a bad choise, but it does have active
cooling.

"r" <lamex4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Im looking to buy a DVI capable card for my Dell 1901fp 19" LCD. I
> dont do any gaming and mostly use my computer to watch DVDs, watch TV
> thru my TV wonder VE card, watch MPEGS, and surf the net. I currently
> have a radeon 7000 running on a Dell 400sc.
>
> Ive found these cards
>
> Saphire Radeon 9200 64mb $55
> Saphire Radeon 9200 128mb $65
> Saphire Radeon 9600SE 128mb $71
> Gigabyte Radeon 9200 128mb $70
>
> I would really like to spend less then ~$100 so if you have any
> preference between the cards above or any other card please reply.
>
> TIA.

I decided to go for neither and got the Sapphire 9600
instead....maybee the gaming bug might hit me in the future.

Since I already have a radeon 7000 installed and it uses the same
drivers as the 9600, do I have to reinstall the drivers again?

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message news:<9LTgc.80084$BD3.9392156@juliett.dax.net>...
> Go for Radeon9600SE. It is quiet, fast and very good video playback.
> Also it support FullStream2, which combined with DivxPlayer, can play very
> smooth and sharp hardware filtered avi and mpeg files.
>
> If you do some gaming, then look into nVidia FX 5500, which is a juiced up
> Fx5200, at almost same price. Not a bad choise, but it does have active
> cooling.
>
> "r" <lamex4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Im looking to buy a DVI capable card for my Dell 1901fp 19" LCD. I
> > dont do any gaming and mostly use my computer to watch DVDs, watch TV
> > thru my TV wonder VE card, watch MPEGS, and surf the net. I currently
> > have a radeon 7000 running on a Dell 400sc.
> >
> > Ive found these cards
> >
> > Saphire Radeon 9200 64mb $55
> > Saphire Radeon 9200 128mb $65
> > Saphire Radeon 9600SE 128mb $71
> > Gigabyte Radeon 9200 128mb $70
> >
> > I would really like to spend less then ~$100 so if you have any
> > preference between the cards above or any other card please reply.
> >
> > TIA.

A wise choice, altough them 9600 run fair hot, non the less.
It won't hurt, i guess. I did have to install drivers again, because
Divxplayer did NOT let me enable "Radeon support" otherwise.