Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt321.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore...
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
* * * Please report back your results * * *
"Y2Ken" <Y2Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
| 'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?