Trojan Horse P2E.Y

December 28, 2004 6:33:07 PM

My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?

More about : trojan horse p2e

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 9:29:26 PM

There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Virus Removal Tools
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.lis...

Online Virus Removal Tutorials
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremo...

3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Y2Ken" wrote:

| My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
| 'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 6:35:02 PM

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend signature files.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt321.zip

SYSCLEAN.COM.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore...
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

Dave

!