Trojan Horse P2E.Y

My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?
2 answers Last reply
More about trojan horse

    There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    Virus Removal Tools
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

    Online Virus Removal Tutorials
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

    3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Y2Ken" wrote:

    | My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
    | 'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?

    1) Download the following three items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend signature files.

    Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
    Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt321.zip

    SYSCLEAN.COM.

    2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
    5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    (a few cycles may be needed)
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

    Dave

    "Y2Ken" <Y2Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | My virus program (AVG) detected but could not remove a virus identified as a
    | 'Trojan Horse P2E.Y' How can I remove it?

Trojan Virus Microsoft Windows XP