gaining access to administrator acct to change password

My husband was the computer administrator on our pc & had it password
protected.We recently separated & before he left he changed the password so
that I would not be able to sign into this acct.How can I get into it &
change it to my password?I am using windows xp professional
--
Marbuki
1 answer Last reply

    Marbuki wrote:

    > My husband was the computer administrator on our pc & had it password
    > protected.We recently separated & before he left he changed the
    > password so that I would not be able to sign into this acct.How can I
    > get into it & change it to my password?I am using windows xp
    > professional

    Very easy. Go to this website and download the ntpasswd program:

    Click on the Bootdisk button and download ntpasswd. You can read all
    about it on the site. Basically, you'll make a bootable floppy or cd
    (need third-party burning software to make the cd) and boot with it.
    Just read the instructions. The easiest thing is to make the new
    password a blank. Once you've made the change, log in as Administrator
    using the new (blank) password. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel
    and set the password the way you want.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User