Problems with latest drivers

Mike009

I uninstalled the old Cat. drivers as they recommend from add/remove
programs. There were 3 ATI entries and I uninstalled the one that said
something like ATI Software Uninstall, which I later learned was the
wrong one. Anyway, on reboot all 3 entries were gone so I figured no
problem. After installing the new drivers, all of the ATI tabs under
display properties->advanced are gone, and I'm left with only an ATI
tray icon. Got a 9600 pro if it matters. Is there a way to get those
tabs back?

Thanks.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Get the 'complete uninstall' (whatever its called) utility from the ati
driver page, run it, then do a fresh driver install.

rms

Slug

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:05:55 -0400, Mike009 <guest@unknown.com> wrote:

>I uninstalled the old Cat. drivers as they recommend from add/remove
>programs. There were 3 ATI entries and I uninstalled the one that said
>something like ATI Software Uninstall, which I later learned was the
>wrong one. Anyway, on reboot all 3 entries were gone so I figured no
>problem. After installing the new drivers, all of the ATI tabs under
>display properties->advanced are gone, and I'm left with only an ATI
>tray icon. Got a 9600 pro if it matters. Is there a way to get those
>tabs back?
>
>Thanks.

Did you install the ATI drivers that install the control panel too?
Sounds like you installed the driver sans control panel version. You
can download the control panel seperately from ATI.

Mike009

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:20:09 -0700, Slug <slug@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:05:55 -0400, Mike009 <guest@unknown.com> wrote:
>
>>I uninstalled the old Cat. drivers as they recommend from add/remove
>>programs. There were 3 ATI entries and I uninstalled the one that said
>>something like ATI Software Uninstall, which I later learned was the
>>wrong one. Anyway, on reboot all 3 entries were gone so I figured no
>>problem. After installing the new drivers, all of the ATI tabs under
>>display properties->advanced are gone, and I'm left with only an ATI
>>tray icon. Got a 9600 pro if it matters. Is there a way to get those
>>tabs back?
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>Did you install the ATI drivers that install the control panel too?
>Sounds like you installed the driver sans control panel version. You
>can download the control panel seperately from ATI.

That did it. I had originally downloaded the single file, which I
believe is supposed to have the control panel bundled with the
drivers. What fixed it was downloading the individual control panel
file.

Thanks for the help.