Help! Games crashing with ATI 9600

FeliX

Hi

Recently I purchased a new computer, and tried a game (FA-18E by Sold Out).
It's an original, properly installed, etc, but as soon as the intro is over,
the computer just crashes and resets. Card is ATI Radeon 9600 128MB. Windows
XP. I switched the antivirus software off because support told me to. Tried
downloading ATI's newest driver, but the system still crashed. Tried the 3.9
version, which someone told me is better than the new version when it comes
to games, but to no avail, still the same problem. Tried doing what they
recommend at the soldout site, but no progress. Didn't try any other games
as I don't want to buy any before I solve this problem. maybe something in
the computer or driver configuration should be chaned. Does anyone know what
I should do?

Get some nice game demos from the internett. If limited on bandwidth, then
buy some pc magazine with demo cd. Check out some more popular games before
you do anything to system. You can also play the game "America Army", it's
free.

Try these demos:
Lock-on
Need for speed Underground

I have never been able to play that game on xp or win2000. But the F/A-18 i
tried was made by "Digital Integration", also another one "Janes F/A-18
Hornet". None of them worked very well.

Felix wrote:
> Hi
>

> Recently I purchased a new computer, and tried a game (FA-18E by Sold Out).
> It's an original, properly installed, etc, but as soon as the intro is over,
> the computer just crashes and resets. Card is ATI Radeon 9600 128MB. Windows
> XP. I switched the antivirus software off because support told me to. Tried
> downloading ATI's newest driver, but the system still crashed. Tried the 3.9
> version, which someone told me is better than the new version when it comes
> to games, but to no avail, still the same problem. Tried doing what they
> recommend at the soldout site, but no progress. Didn't try any other games
> as I don't want to buy any before I solve this problem. maybe something in
> the computer or driver configuration should be chaned. Does anyone know what
> I should do?

How exactly does it *crash*? Does you PC auto-reboot? Does it blue
screen? Does the game just exit and dump you back to the desktop?

If it automatically reboots, turn that option off. (Right click on "My
Computer" -> Advanced Tab -> Startup and Recovery -> Uncheck
"Automatically reboot") After this, instead of rebooting, you should
see the "Blue Screen" which should tell you the exact error encountered.
It may not be the video drivers causing problems but something else.
The blue screen should give you a hint.

--
cK