Modifying power options via group policy

Does anyone know how to modify power options via group policy? I am in
process of deploying 75 desktops and I don't want to have to revisit the
finished desktops.

I have some users already complaining that their desktops sleep too quickly.
I want to be able to modify the power settings to keep the desktops awake
longer. I would like to be able to change these settings as necessary from
the server.

"Doug Zitzelsberger" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to modify power options via group policy? I am in
> process of deploying 75 desktops and I don't want to have to revisit the
> finished desktops.

What is it that you want to accomplish?

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

"Doug Zitzelsberger" <Doug Zitzelsberger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5ED3E9AF-768B-41A3-A24E-2BCDE7C98E2E@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how to modify power options via group policy? I am in
> process of deploying 75 desktops and I don't want to have to revisit the
> finished desktops.

I think we have a language problem here, particularly related to the word
"sleep". Are these systems (and you said they were desktop systems) truly
going to sleep, or is just the screensaver kicking in? Also, are these
systems members of a domain?

--

message news:656CF0ED-BCAE-4BF2-824D-6FFAC0687B24@microsoft.com...
>I have some users already complaining that their desktops sleep too
>quickly.
> I want to be able to modify the power settings to keep the desktops awake
> longer. I would like to be able to change these settings as necessary
> from
> the server.
>
> "Doug Zitzelsberger" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to modify power options via group policy? I am in
>> process of deploying 75 desktops and I don't want to have to revisit the
>> finished desktops.

The machines are going into standby mode. The user must press the power
button on the machine to bring it out of standby mode. They are all members
of one Windows 2003-based domain.

In the domain is one Windows 2003 Server Standard based domain controller
acting as a file/print server as well. The domain controller was installed
using either default settings or best practice recommendations.

The machines are all Dell desktops. The first wave that I am deploying now
are Optiplex GX280 small form factor desktops.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Doug.