Disable virus security notice?

I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
me that my computer is unprotected?
6 answers Last reply
More about disable virus security notice

    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
    and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Susan" wrote:

    | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
    | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
    | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
    | me that my computer is unprotected?

    Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
    > and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Susan" wrote:
    >
    > | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
    > | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
    > | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
    > | me that my computer is unprotected?

    cos you are a susan, not a steven
    "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
    >> and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>
    >> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >>
    >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>
    >> "Susan" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
    >> | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
    >> | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
    >> telling
    >> | me that my computer is unprotected?

    Only joking, sorry. The guilt has set in.
    "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
    >> and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>
    >> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >>
    >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>
    >> "Susan" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
    >> | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
    >> | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
    >> telling
    >> | me that my computer is unprotected?

    Robert's point is quite appropriate. ANY kind of media |(CD, DVD, floppy,
    Zip, Memory stick, postage stamp, cheese from a moustrap) is capable of
    hosting a parasite and infecting your computer.

    Another popular venue is LAN parties... HUGE possibility of deadly
    infections!!!!

    >I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
    > Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
    > Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
    > telling
    > me that my computer is unprotected?

    There might be a good (or bad) reason the anti-virus is giving you a
    warning. I would be doing some scanning if I was you.

Security Windows XP