Disable virus security notice?

Susan

I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
me that my computer is unprotected?

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Susan" wrote:

| I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
| Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
| Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
| me that my computer is unprotected?

Susan

Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
> and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Susan" wrote:
>
> | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
> | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
> | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup telling
> | me that my computer is unprotected?

cos you are a susan, not a steven
"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
>> and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Susan" wrote:
>>
>> | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
>> | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
>> | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
>> telling
>> | me that my computer is unprotected?

Only joking, sorry. The guilt has set in.
"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Duh...now why couldn't I find that myself? Thanks!
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Start > Settings > Control Panel > Security Center
>> and click on: "Change the way Security Center alerts me".
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Susan" wrote:
>>
>> | I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
>> | Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
>> | Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
>> telling
>> | me that my computer is unprotected?

Robert's point is quite appropriate. ANY kind of media |(CD, DVD, floppy,
Zip, Memory stick, postage stamp, cheese from a moustrap) is capable of
hosting a parasite and infecting your computer.

Another popular venue is LAN parties... HUGE possibility of deadly
infections!!!!

>I have a PC with XP Home that is not and never will be connected to the
> Internet. I therefore cannot and do not need to download updates to the
> Windows Security and anti-virus. How can I stop that annoying popup
> telling
> me that my computer is unprotected?

There might be a good (or bad) reason the anti-virus is giving you a
warning. I would be doing some scanning if I was you.

TRENDING THREADS