ATi's Ruby demo: where?!

"Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message
news:108dr5lhaakak08@corp.supernews.com...

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode
=&order=0&thold=0

> The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
> far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
> to tell from pictures.

Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati never
make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
girl, as is Ruby.

Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.

> Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

It won't be for some time tough.

> Chris Smith

EC

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message

> "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode
> =&order=0&thold=0
> >
> > The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo
having
> > far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's
hard
> > to tell from pictures.
>
> Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati
never
> make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
> girl, as is Ruby.
>
> Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.
>

> > Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
>
> It won't be for some time tough.
>
> > Chris Smith

Nalu's hair is 15 million polygons.

EC

"Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode=&order=0&thold=0

> The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
> far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
> to tell from pictures.
>
> Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
>
> Chris Smith

Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
comparable to Nalu's hair.

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:22:45 -0700, "ec" <no@no.com> wrote:

>"Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message
>>
>http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode=&order=0&thold=0
>>
>> The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
>> far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
>> to tell from pictures.
>>
>> Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
>>
>> Chris Smith
>>

>Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
>comparable to Nalu's hair.

hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
that i can't find it...

No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
clue when it's comming out.

Chris Smith

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:29:53 -0400, "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com>
wrote:

>No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
>the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
>about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
>clue when it's comming out.

>> hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
>> that i can't find it...

It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
peak to render these demo. :-0

Well...
I will wait.

> It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
> peak to render these demo. :-0
>
> Well...
> I will wait.

May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:58:29 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
.. n o> wrote:

>> It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
>> peak to render these demo. :-0
>>
>> Well...
>> I will wait.
>
>May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

Pff my fx5200td was able to run the 9800pro demo so i fugure that my
9800pro will performe nice and neet on that one Huhh huhhhhh!

:-?