ATi's Ruby demo: where?!

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode=&order=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
to tell from pictures.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

Chris Smith
8 answers Last reply
More about ruby demo where

    "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message

    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode
    =&order=0&thold=0

    > The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
    > far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
    > to tell from pictures.

    Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati never
    make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
    girl, as is Ruby.

    Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.

    > Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

    It won't be for some time tough.

    "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message

    > "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message

    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode
    > =&order=0&thold=0
    > >
    > > The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo
    having
    > > far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's
    hard
    > > to tell from pictures.
    >
    > Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati
    never
    > make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
    > girl, as is Ruby.
    >
    > Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.
    >

    > > Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
    >
    > It won't be for some time tough.
    >
    > > Chris Smith

    Nalu's hair is 15 million polygons.

    "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message

    http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode=&order=0&thold=0

    > The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
    > far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
    > to tell from pictures.
    >
    > Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
    >
    > Chris Smith

    Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
    comparable to Nalu's hair.

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:22:45 -0700, "ec" <no@no.com> wrote:

    >"Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17568&mode=&order=0&thold=0
    >>
    >> The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
    >> far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
    >> to tell from pictures.
    >>
    >> Any idea when/where the demo will be released?
    >>
    >> Chris Smith
    >>

    >Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
    >comparable to Nalu's hair.

    hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
    that i can't find it...

    No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
    the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
    about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
    clue when it's comming out.

    Chris Smith

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:29:53 -0400, "Who be dat?" <whatever@dot.com>
    wrote:

    >No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
    >the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
    >about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
    >clue when it's comming out.

    >> hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
    >> that i can't find it...

    It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
    peak to render these demo. :-0

    Well...
    I will wait.

    > It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
    > peak to render these demo. :-0
    >
    > Well...
    > I will wait.

    May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:58:29 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
    .. n o> wrote:

    >> It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
    >> peak to render these demo. :-0
    >>
    >> Well...
    >> I will wait.
    >
    >May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

    Pff my fx5200td was able to run the 9800pro demo so i fugure that my
    9800pro will performe nice and neet on that one Huhh huhhhhh!

    :-?

Radeon ATI Ruby Nvidia Graphics