User rights

I would like to give the users of my computer the ability to start services
without granting them full administrative privileges. I have xp pro and use
classic file sharing. To which files/programs do I need to grant them access?
2 answers Last reply
More about user rights

    Control Panel/Administrtative Tools/Computer Management/Services and
    Applications/Services/Right Click on a particular service you wanr to
    start/etc...

    "shois" <shois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to give the users of my computer the ability to start services
    > without granting them full administrative privileges. I have xp pro and
    > use
    > classic file sharing. To which files/programs do I need to grant them
    > access?

    "shois" <shois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to give the users of my computer the ability to start services
    > without granting them full administrative privileges. I have xp pro and
    > use
    > classic file sharing. To which files/programs do I need to grant them
    > access?

    The procedure is a bit complicated. Have a look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288129 (The article
    is for Windows 2000 but I'm pretty sure it would work on XP Pro as well...

    (if you need to download the SUBINACL tool, you can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&DisplayLang=en )

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP