Want to protect private files!!

Anyone help me?
I run XP and just want to keep some files private from others on my computer.
I have followed all steps ie, right click on properties then check the box
marked 'keep my file private' but it is greyed out and wont work
I know i can make the files 'hidden' but they can still be opened, anyone
any ideas?
Thanks Kev

You must be using NTFS File System
You also need to disable Simple File Sharing (Windows XP Pro)
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/private.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"frustrated kev" <frustrated kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone help me?
> I run XP and just want to keep some files private from others on my
> computer.
> I have followed all steps ie, right click on properties then check the box
> marked 'keep my file private' but it is greyed out and wont work
> I know i can make the files 'hidden' but they can still be opened, anyone
> any ideas?
> Thanks Kev

Well, disabling file sharing is a good idea, but not required to secure the
files as long as only the desired users are given access to the
folder/files.